Steam crashes windows xp

STOP c000021a 0xc0000005 (0x7c9106c3 0x014eec24)   

That is the error I keep getting. Any clues?  Specs for this pc are an 8800 GT and a core 2 quad. 4 gigs ddr2 sdram. 

Try opting into a beta build, then again, you can't launch it... Only reason why I suggested running it in a beta build is because on May 31 they listed this under the log.

In-Game Overlay 

• Fix regression on Windows XP

Though, the issue might actually be your RAM. I guess the most I can suggest is a memory scan with something like MemTest86, the free edition supports DDR2, 3, and 4. Other than that, you may just have to use something other than Windows XP.

8 hours ago, Lotte said:

Try opting into a beta build, then again, you can't launch it... Only reason why I suggested running it in a beta build is because on May 31 they listed this under the log.

Though, the issue might actually be your RAM. I guess the most I can suggest is a memory scan with something like MemTest86, the free edition supports DDR2, 3, and 4. Other than that, you may just have to use something other than Windows XP.

Okay! I'll try those tonight. Thanks!

6 hours ago, Stinkybill3 said:

Okay! I'll try those tonight. Thanks!

Members gave me a pass, but it still doesn't work. O tried just installing Ubuntu instead but I can't boot from anything except windows for some reason. I tried installing it on a differentbpc and moving the HDD but it still isn't booting.

Just now, Stinkybill3 said:

Members gave me a pass, but it still doesn't work. O tried just installing Ubuntu instead but I can't boot from anything except windows for some reason. I tried installing it on a differentbpc and moving the HDD but it still isn't booting.

Memtest*

• 3 weeks later...

i know this was a while ago but i needed to install the latest service packs xD how basic lol