Intel XTU vs ThrottleStop

I'm looking for a program to undervolt my laptop CPU and I found these two. Which of them would you recommend more? I've heard XTU has trouble across different CPU platforms. Is this true?

Both of these programs are capable of adjusting the same voltage registers within your CPU and both programs should work just fine on a Core i5-4210H.  If you want a modern looking program with fancy graphs, XTU should be your choice.  If you are interested in maximum performance or maximum battery run time; I would pick the most efficient program which is ThrottleStop.  Do some benchmark testing and see for yourself.  Remember to completely exit Intel XTU when testing ThrottleStop and completely exit ThrottleStop when testing XTU.  Also use the exact same voltages for both tests.  Depending on the test, the performance difference can be significant.

ThrottleStop 8.10

https://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2667/throttlestop-8-10-beta-2  

7 hours ago, unclewebb said:

Both of these programs are capable of adjusting the same voltage registers within your CPU and both programs should work just fine on a Core i5-4210H.  If you want a modern looking program with fancy graphs, XTU should be your choice.  If you are interested in maximum performance or maximum battery run time; I would pick the most efficient program which is ThrottleStop.  Do some benchmark testing and see for yourself.  Remember to completely exit Intel XTU when testing ThrottleStop and completely exit ThrottleStop when testing XTU.  Also use the exact same voltages for both tests.  Depending on the test, the performance difference can be significant.

ThrottleStop 8.10

https://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2667/throttlestop-8-10-beta-2  

Should I also undervolt my CPU cache? I've read that the tolerances between the core and cache are the same. Is this true?

I would undervolt the CPU cache as well.  Some people undervolt the cache a little less than the core but every CPU is unique so do some testing to find out what works best for your CPU.