My first PC build.

This is my first time building a PC, and I would like to know if there is anything in my build that doesn't make sense or if there is anything that I can make better. I have an XFX R9 270 Core edition card in my build because I put that card in a pre-built desktop to play games. I am planning on upgrading to a GTX 1080 or a 1070 in the future. 

Link to build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YpVMf7

6 minutes ago, Hambertlambert said:

This is my first time building a PC, and I would like to know if there is anything in my build that doesn't make sense or if there is anything that I can make better. I have an XFX R9 270 Core edition card in my build because I put that card in a pre-built desktop to play games. I am planning on upgrading to a GTX 1080 or a 1070 in the future. 

Link to build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YpVMf7

H170 boards can't overclock. I'd spend the extra $20 or so for a Z170 board. 

Not sure what your budget situation is but I'd also highly recommend going with a fully modular power supply as it's loads easier to cable manage. Semi modular certainly isn't bad but there are fully modular units for the same price. 

1 minute ago, ShadyHost said:

H170 boards can't overclock. I'd spend the extra $20 or so for a Z170 board. 

Not sure what your budget situation is but I'd also highly recommend going with a fully modular power supply as it's loads easier to cable manage. Semi modular certainly isn't bad but there are fully modular units for the same price. 

Sorry I am not sure how to reply so I'll just quote you. Any recommendations for the PSU? I would like to save some money, but if I need to I can upgrade if it will make the build better.

Thank you for the quick reply by the way.

1 minute ago, Hambertlambert said:

Sorry I am not sure how to reply so I'll just quote you. Any recommendations for the PSU? I would like to save some money, but if I need to I can upgrade if it will make the build better.

Thank you for the quick reply by the way.

Ah you'll find people on this forum at every hour. If budget is your main concern then the EVGA unit is about as good as it gets for price/quality as far as I'm aware. There's also that rebate from Newegg which makes that deal pretty attractive. 

3 minutes ago, ShadyHost said:

Ah you'll find people on this forum at every hour. If budget is your main concern then the EVGA unit is about as good as it gets for price/quality as far as I'm aware. There's also that rebate from Newegg which makes that deal pretty attractive. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/GNWNLk

Does that look better now?

2 minutes ago, Hambertlambert said:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/GNWNLk

Does that look better now?

That motherboard looks good. Honestly I don't think there's ever a perfect choice of board for your first build. You might get it and find something you don't like and there's no avoiding that. 

It has M.2 and space for 2 GPUs so it ticks all the boxes. Solid price as well. AsRock uses some of the same manufacturers as Asus if I remember correctly. 

3 minutes ago, ShadyHost said:

That motherboard looks good. Honestly I don't think there's ever a perfect choice of board for your first build. You might get it and find something you don't like. 

It has M.2 and space for 2 GPUs so it ticks all the boxes. Solid price as well. AsRock uses some of the same manufacturers as Asus if I remember correctly. 

Thank you. You have no idea how much I appreciate this. I understand a bit about this stuff, but there always seems to be more that I find out about and need to consider when building my PC. It never ends.