5.1 soundin windows 7

Keidy

Hey guys. 

Don`t really know where to write this post.
My question is, how do I make my 5.1 sound system work properly in youtube, I found 2.1 system works much better then 5.1
I have searched for a lot of solutions but nothin. 
I have a Asus A97-A MOBO, with crystal sound 2.

wait, am i misunderstanding? if you want 5.1, and 2.1 sounds better?

1 minute ago, Woahduds said:

wait, am i misunderstanding? if you want 5.1, and 2.1 sounds better?

sorry
I have a 5.1, and i want it to work properly all of my speakers , 

tell me about your setup, because if you want 5.1 you need a receiver 

7 minutes ago, Keidy said:

Hey guys. 

Don`t really know where to write this post.
My question is, how do I make my 5.1 sound system work properly in youtube, I found 2.1 system works much better then 5.1
I have searched for a lot of solutions but nothin. 
I have a Asus A97-A MOBO, with crystal sound 2.

Wellllllllllllllll this is an easy one. Youtube (regular) does not support surround sound of any form, at all, whatsoever.

Also, only IE is capable of surround sound. Chrome and Firefox do not support it. Firefox may have an extension, but I've never been able to get Chrome to support surround sound... not even from Netflix.

Youtube Red might support surround sound for movies, but it's too new and I haven't tried it.

1 minute ago, JohnT said:

Wellllllllllllllll this is an easy one. Youtube (regular) does not support surround sound of any form, at all, whatsoever.

Also, only IE is capable of surround sound. Chrome and Firefox do not support it. Firefox may have an extension, but I've never been able to get Chrome to support surround sound... not even from Netflix.

Youtube Red might support surround sound for movies, but it's too new and I haven't tried it.

it probably only applies to youtube cause when i watch movies on my chrome i have surround. is that correcto?

3 minutes ago, Woahduds said:

it probably only applies to youtube cause when i watch movies on my chrome i have surround. is that correcto?

That would shock me. Chrome doesn't have native support for surround sound, so I'm not sure how you're doing that. Do you have some digital signal processing turned on to emulate surround sound?

I've heard you can upload 5.1 to Youtube, but they down convert it to "Stereo + 5.1," which makes zero sense to me.

1 minute ago, JohnT said:

That would shock me. Chrome doesn't have native support for surround sound, so I'm not sure how you're doing that. Do you have some digital signal processing turned on to emulate surround sound?

I've heard you can upload 5.1 to Youtube, but they down convert it to "Stereo + 5.1," which makes zero sense to me.

yeah my setup is i have a teac dac running to my receiver so that could be why (i disabled onboard dac from mobo)

I have a Genius SW HF 5000 5.1 sound system. 
if I am trying all of my surround speakers in the driver, they work fine, in youtube only my two front speakers are working. 
and i am lacking the bass, from music ( i like it pounch to my ears ) 

( i have try`d IE, same thing my bass is nowhere to hear )

here is a photo, 

I have to check this to work

sound.PNG

3 minutes ago, Keidy said:

if I am trying all of my surround speakers in the driver, they work fine, in youtube only my two front speakers are working. 

you are using a receiver? and your sub is at max?

i am not useing any reciever, my sub has it, 
it is at max, and it is pretty low, 

3 minutes ago, Keidy said:

I didn't say Youtube works with IE. I said IE is the only common browser that supports surround sound without extensions.

There is a lot of fallacy online about surround sound in Youtube.

I repeat myself: Youtube doesn't support surround sound

What you need for your subwoofer is an actual receiver that can filter lower frequencies directly to the subwoofer. A speaker system in a box is not going to work unless the source is 5.1. Like games and movies.

hm ive personally never tried using a surround system without a receiver, if you want to buy one, go on craigslist they usually under 100. and your sub might be too low power 

But I should mention also... only a few games actually support an LFE/subwoofer channel. Most AAA titles are dropping support for subwoofer channels... God knows why.

thank you guys for the time, and answers 

1 minute ago, Keidy said:

thank you guys for the time, and answers 

I wish they were more favorable. I learned all this the hard way after spending $1,500 on a surround sound. Thankfully I didn't have any speakers in my living room, so I moved everything there instead. Surround sound on PC was too inconsistent.

1 hour ago, JohnT said:

Edge, not IE. IE is discustin. Edge actually works right. And supports surround.

53 minutes ago, Keidy said:

Doesnt Matter, YT does not support surround or anything more tha 2.0

40 minutes ago, JohnT said:

I wish they were more favorable. I learned all this the hard way after spending $1,500 on a surround sound. Thankfully I didn't have any speakers in my living room, so I moved everything there instead. Surround sound on PC was too inconsistent.

It works well enough for me, but I only spent about 300$

The main games I play (((BF4, DIRT 3) support at least quadrophonic, not sure if the sub is engaged.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."