Old GTX 260?

4 minutes ago, EmpiracyRyNiX said:

Do you guys have any creative ideas/projects that I can use it for?

Ehhh back up GPU? In case you need on for troubleshooting...? Idk I'm not very creative :P

Oh and they sell for around 75 USD on amazon. In case you were wondering.

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

5 minutes ago, EmpiracyRyNiX said:

I have an old Asus GTX 260 that I have been running for many years and now I plan to upgrade soon. I want to sell this but i don't think anyone will buy. Do you guys have any creative ideas/projects that I can use it for?

This is the specific model I have: https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/ENGTX260HTDP896M/

I don't know dude sorry ;)

6 minutes ago, EmpiracyRyNiX said:

I have an old Asus GTX 260 that I have been running for many years and now I plan to upgrade soon. I want to sell this but i don't think anyone will buy. Do you guys have any creative ideas/projects that I can use it for?

This is the specific model I have: https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/ENGTX260HTDP896M/

It should sell for around $40 on ebay.  People still want them for retro boxes and SLI setups.   I personally use a GTX 260 for CUDA / PhysX

Ultimate XP gaming system build log coming soon!  Q8200 // 8GB DDR2 // Asus P5E Deluxe X48 // Asus 4870 DARK KNIGHT X-Fire // Supreme FX sound // BFG Ageia PhysX PCI Co-Processor // AX 860x with Silverstone extensions 

56 minutes ago, EmpiracyRyNiX said:

Even if you don't think someone would buy it, put the thing for sale. Who knows, you might get lucky (that's what I did with an old HD 6670 of mine)

But in the mean time, you could help us over at PrimeGrid. Put the card on a spare slot in your mobo and start contributing. In particular, I recommend Manual Sieve; in terms of math, properly using a Gtx 260 can do even more processing than incorrectly using a mighty Titan X!

If feel up to it, hit me up and I'll guide you through the process.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

1 hour ago, EmpiracyRyNiX said:

first off HOLY $#!t A 260 INTEL INTEGRATED GRAPHICS RIVAL THAT but anyways well here are some ideas 

- Cryptocurrency Mining

- DIY Household Project (Such as a NAS)

- Backup Computer 

- Find a retro PC shop and sell it (they'll probably give you $20 maybe $30)

- Donate it to a scrap shop 

- Try and sell it on ebay (Afterall people like retro stuff and you could probably gross $20 to $40)

- Display (hey afterall your card has a sexy lady on it  :x)

- Throw it at a bird

- Use it as expensive toilet paper (be careful you'll probably cut your ass if your not careful)

- Abandon it

- Recycle it (Places such as Best Buy has a e-recycle bin)

Build Name:

Anton

CPU: I7 4790K

GPU: ZOTAC RTX 2060 SUPER AMP EXTREME

RAM: 16GB 1600MHZ

MOBO: MSI H81M-E33

CASE: COOLER MASTER N300

PSU: THERMALTAKE 600 WATT

STORAGE: TOTAL 6.5TB, 512GB SAMSUNG 850 PRO BOOT DRIVE, 2TB HDD 1, 2TB HDD 2, 2TB WESTERN DIGITAL USB 3.0 BACKUP DRIVE

- CRACK!