BF4 and Windows 8

WDan96
Go to solution Solved by Scia,

Hey all.

If you've seen the Battlefield 4 System reqs i'm sure your aware that Windows 8 is reccomended.

Was just wondering if anyone could guess what kind of performance increase (if any) i would gain from installing W8.

I have the disk for it already, so no more costs would be involved, but should i bother?

Thanks 

:)

The difference in gaming performance between Win 7 and 8 has been +/- 3FPS. So solely for gaming there's not much reason to upgrade.

But Win8 is a better OS than Win7 overall, so it's worth to upgrade IMHO.

Hey all.

If you've seen the Battlefield 4 System reqs i'm sure your aware that Windows 8 is reccomended.

Was just wondering if anyone could guess what kind of performance increase (if any) i would gain from installing W8.

I have the disk for it already, so no more costs would be involved, but should i bother?

Thanks 

It is in my view not really worth it since you will probably only see a minor increase(If that).

Just stick with which one you prefer.

Hey all.

Thanks 

The difference in gaming performance between Win 7 and 8 has been +/- 3FPS. So solely for gaming there's not much reason to upgrade.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

careful now, don't wake up all the sleeping dragons! heheh, toke me a while and some mods, but win8 as been good to me so far. and i did not notice any gaming difference between 7 and 8.

All of life is forged from Hell, Yet from its beauty our legacy began.
 My Boinc Stats

Spoiler

CPU : I7-4790K, MB : ASUS Maximus VII Hero, Ram : Vengeance Pro 32gb, GPU : Asus Strix GTX 1070, PSU : XFX 850w Black Edition

careful now, don't wake up all the sleeping dragons! heheh, toke me a while and some mods, but win8 as been good to me so far. and i did not notice any gaming difference between 7 and 8.

Well, it's faster, lighter and runs very well. Using StartIsBack on my Desktop as my main Start and got all the hotcorners disabled and so on.

Using Metro on my laptop  [startIsBack mainly for Shutdown and so on].

Like them both in their way. And I can have my desktop completely empty. Not even the Bin has to be there O.o:D

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Little to none, it's recommending Windows 8 because it is the only OS that can use DX 11.1 and 11.2. 

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @ Stock, CPU cooler: Dark Rock 4, Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX, RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 @ 3000Mhz, GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0, SSD: Crucial P1 1TB M.2 + 2x120GB SSDs, Case: Corsair 110R, PSU: Corsair TX650M, OS: Windows 10 64-bit.

Thanks for the replies. I think ill stick with W7 for the time being then. If Upgrading to 8 isn't much hassle i can always do it one day.