Boot Help

MrHazman911

OK so i've used the Windows Media Creation Tool to make a bootable USB for the PC i'm building. I was wondering if I use this on it if I could use the Windows 10 product key that is already on the PC i'm currently using.

Windows 10 came pre installed on the PC i'm using.

Microsoft help desk says I can't. But can I? Sorry i'm just really confused and worried. This is my first PC build

Windows keys can only be used once. I think there's a way to deactivate a key to use it again but I doubt it is easy.

You should buy a new key for your new computer.

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

Just now, HPWebcamAble said:

Windows keys can only be used once. I think there's a way to deactivate a key to use it again but I doubt it is easy.

You should buy a new key for your new computer.

Thank you alot of wait has just been lifted of my back

10 minutes ago, HPWebcamAble said:

I think there's a way to deactivate a key to use it again but I doubt it is easy.

thats only for retail versions of windows (the $119 ones). prebuilt keys are all tied ot the mobo

Altair - Firestrike: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13945459

CPU:  i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz CL11 GPU: XFX RX 470 RS Storage: ADATA SP550 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | Toshiba 2TB PSU: EVGA B2 750W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Fans: Phanteks PH-F200SP (Front) | Phanteks PH-F140SP (Rear) | Noctua NF-A15 (Top)

Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown | Audio: Sennheiser HD 558

11 minutes ago, MrHazman911 said:

Thank you alot of wait has just been lifted of my back

So into system settings on control panel, System Info, scroll to bottom, copy the Windows Key onto a piece of paper or phone or something, the click de-activate

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

2 hours ago, UberGamerKing said:

So into system settings on control panel, System Info, scroll to bottom, copy the Windows Key onto a piece of paper or phone or something, the click de-activate

Does this actually work? I've seen people deactivate their Windows product key in command prompt but i'm not that sure.

2 hours ago, UberGamerKing said:

Does this also work with OEM?