Streaming Performance

Jaybelz

I took a screen shot last night while I was streaming. I'm not really familiar with the ranges of temperatures under load. They were averaging around 110 degrees Fahrenheit per core, and the GPU was at 150. Are those okay temperatures for extended use? I just get super paranoid about overheating my hardware. I'm considering getting a capture card to put in the machine, but I don't know if that'd really help the CPU that much.

Screen shot

Hey, you're fine, you should start worrying only when temperatures start to reach 195 degrees Fahrenheit and up.

for intel CPU's, rule of thumb - as long as you dont go much above 80°C / 175°F everything is fine.

for GPU's, both Nvidia & AMD, the same is true: as long as they stay around 80°C/175°F its ok, in some cases even 85°C/185°F is still fine.

Just google your Hardware and check for the manufactorer specs on what they state how hot the componant "can" - (not necessarely should) get and try to stay below it.

@Nord or quote me if you want me to reply back. I don't necessarily check back or subscribe to every topic.

Amdahls law > multicore CPU.