Intel xeon E5-2670

i ask question intel core xeon E5-2670 is good processor for gaming and work or intel core I5-4690 is good for gaming and work 

2 minutes ago, L0str31 said:

i ask question intel core xeon E5-2670 is good processor for gaming and work or intel core I5-4690 is good for gaming and work 

We need more infos.. Like, which games for example or the kind of "work" you want to do.

Just tag @ChatDaw so I can answer as fast as possible.

1 minute ago, ChatDaw said:

We need more infos.. Like, which games for example or the kind of "work" you want to do.

console game cs go tom clancy far cry streaming  and open files tab so fast 

10 minutes ago, L0str31 said:

console game cs go tom clancy far cry streaming  and open files tab so fast 

If that's all you're going to do, i'd suggest an i7 CPU or a lower tier xeon, HyperThreading would probably help a lot. i5's don't have HT.

Just tag @ChatDaw so I can answer as fast as possible.

57 minutes ago, L0str31 said:

For work that involves very high cpu usage and can use all of the 16 threads then yes, but for gaming it does lack in performance, due to the low clock speeds, and the 4690 would be a better choice for gaming.

The boards needed to run the chips are also about $200-$250USD since x79 isn't produced anymore, but the xeons also have ecc support provided the mobo also can support ecc.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

4 hours ago, SLAYR said:

For work that involves very high cpu usage and can use all of the 16 threads then yes, but for gaming it does lack in performance, due to the low clock speeds, and the 4690 would be a better choice for gaming.

The boards needed to run the chips are also about $200-$250USD since x79 isn't produced anymore, but the xeons also have ecc support provided the mobo also can support ecc.

What are your settings on your overclock?

Xeon e5-2670, Intel DX79sr, 16gb g.skill Ares, evga sc 780ti, antec 750 80 plus gold, Phantek Entho pro case

31 minutes ago, online_olympian said:

What are your settings on your overclock?

I just have the BCLK at 103-104 ish cant exactly remember.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

8 minutes ago, SLAYR said:

I just have the BCLK at 103-104 ish cant exactly remember.

is it worth it? I have experienced no problems at stock speeds but you know how it is... Can't leave well enough alone. have you done the cinebench at both speeds?

Xeon e5-2670, Intel DX79sr, 16gb g.skill Ares, evga sc 780ti, antec 750 80 plus gold, Phantek Entho pro case

i have 3 of these and 2 oc'ed to 105bclk and the best does 107bclk. i have been trying to find one that will hold the 125 strap for ~4ghz, but it doesn't seem possible. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

10 minutes ago, Jumper118 said:

i have 3 of these and 2 oc'ed to 105bclk and the best does 107bclk. i have been trying to find one that will hold the 125 strap for ~4ghz, but it doesn't seem possible. 

what kind cooling are you using? I have a 212 evo, do you think thats good enough for a small oc?

17 minutes ago, online_olympian said:

what kind cooling are you using? I have a 212 evo, do you think thats good enough for a small oc?

i used a phanteks PHTC14PE. the cooling you need depends on the voltage you require.

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

1 hour ago, online_olympian said:

is it worth it? I have experienced no problems at stock speeds but you know how it is... Can't leave well enough alone. have you done the cinebench at both speeds?

The difference of .1GHz is very minimal to the point where the margin of error in cinebech is greater then the value of performance gained so it is hard to tell how much of an insignificance the extra .1GHz makes.

8 hours ago, SLAYR said:

Thnx for the information