980ti...

BlueLightning

Ok so ive done more research and i really dont wanna run into this problem with windows 10..so the 980ti supposably with old drivers (which is stock) isnt supported with windows 10 and supposably cant display anything until you get the new driver...now im not sure if thats just on games or websites so can anybody tell me that if i get a 980 ti that it will actually display something so that i can actually get the updated drivers..cause umm thats kind of a problem if i cant see anything and have to download the drivers from a different device which still wouldnt make sense that the fact i would think if you tried to boot up on windows it wouldnt work..idk guys i dont have any experience with pcs and im a new builder but i just hope its certain things it cant display..and not actually windows period..

8 minutes ago, BlueLightning said:

Ok so ive done more research and i really dont wanna run into this problem with windows 10..so the 980ti supposably with old drivers (which is stock) isnt supported with windows 10 and supposably cant display anything until you get the new driver...now im not sure if thats just on games or websites so can anybody tell me that if i get a 980 ti that it will actually display something so that i can actually get the updated drivers..cause umm thats kind of a problem if i cant see anything and have to download the drivers from a different device which still wouldnt make sense that the fact i would think if you tried to boot up on windows it wouldnt work..idk guys i dont have any experience with pcs and im a new builder but i just hope its certain things it cant display..and not actually windows period..

I don't know if that rumor is true but, if it doesn't display anything, you could use the iGPU from your CPU to download the drivers.

10 minutes ago, BlueLightning said:

I've set up 980ti's on fresh installs with Win 10 and had no issues.

46 minutes ago, BlueLightning said:

The 980 Ti will display right at startup and will continue right into Windows 10, which will prompt you for a driver install or update as soon as it detects it.  Someone gave you some garbage advise.