Final check before ordering components!

Loleo
Go to solution Solved by Loleo,

So this is now done! I've ordered the components and thank you to everyone whom has helped me and have a good day. :)

Hello LTT forum!

This will be my last post in this subforum before I order my components. 

I will use this build for heavy gaming and other things. I live in Sweden so it's a little pricier here but no deal breaker.  No need for peripherals or monitors as I already have some and I have another budget for that. The budget is kinda weird since I won't buy a/ the GPU(s) yet so I will leave it at that (I'm not sure but i think the budget in USD, using google i saw that it might be around 4000 USD)

Note: I will buy the cheap GPU so I can boot up the PC use it for very light gaming  (LoL ftw, only requires a Potato GPU) meanwhile I wait for Polaris/ pascal and generaly more info. Also I have been confirmed that this Mobo will be able to fit in the case (From OC forum and Thermaltake's own forum).

Here is the PcPartpicker link.  

Tell me if you have any suggestions on changing any parts or any opinion. And thank you LTT forum for helping this far in choosing components :)

piece of advice: ditch the 4*8 RAM kitt for 2*16, the compatibility is much greater

as for "potato video card", the Intel CPU has integrated graphics does not, my mistake :$

1000W PSU .. why!?

Edited by zMeul

Looking good, but why a 1000w power supply? Without knowing what your 'real' GPU's are going to be, 1000w is probably overkill.

Unless you plan on going 3-4 way SLI or so. You mentioned that you're waiting for Pascal to hit the shelves, one of Pascals 'features' is a lower power consumption. Making the 1000w PSU even more overkill.

Just now, Rck010 said:

Looking good, but why a 1000w power supply? Without knowing what your 'real' GPU's are going to be, 1000w is probably overkill.

Unless you plan on going 3-4 way SLI or so. You mentioned that you're waiting for Pascal to hit the shelves, one of Pascals 'features' is a lower power consumption. Making the 1000w PSU even more overkill.

Yeah you're probably right but I want to make sure that I won't run out of power. (remember that I will OC my processor and I will have a full loop) I only read reviews from jonnyguru.com (Linus does as well) and this one got a really good review. But otherwise I would probably go be quiet! or something. What say you? :)

2 minutes ago, Rck010 said:

Pascals 'features' is a lower power consumption

in theory

in practice, is allows aprox double the transistor count for the same surface area - the power usage will be quite similar

4 minutes ago, AlexTheRose said:

Bro, you’re gonna need a bigger case for that EATX mobo if I’m not mistaken. :(

No, I've read and seen from the overclocker's p5 owner forum that it will handle this mobo. The Rampage v extreme is not taller just wider and not much. 

5 minutes ago, zMeul said:

1. piece of advice: ditch the 4*8 RAM kitt for 2*16, the compatibility is much greater

2. as for "potato video card", the Intel CPU has integrated graphics

3. 1000W PSU .. why!?

1. What do you mean?

2. Nope! This CPU doesn't have integrated graphics nor does the mobo.

3. I think I explained why or do you disagree? :o

Just now, Loleo said:

Yeah you're probably right but I want to make sure that I won't run out of power. (remember that I will OC my processor and I will have a full loop) I only read reviews from jonnyguru.com (Linus does as well) and this one got a really good review. But otherwise I would probably go be quiet! or something. What say you? :)

Well, it all depends on the GPU's you're going to buy really, they're definitely the most power consuming in your whole build. Are you planning on single card, 2-way SLI or 3-4 way SLI?

Just now, Rck010 said:

Well, it all depends on the GPU's you're going to buy really, they're definitely the most power consuming in your whole build. Are you planning on single card, 2-way SLI or 3-4 way SLI?

I'm planning on 2-way sli (or crossfire depends on pascal/ polaris, pro duo and etc) so I actually think the PSU is enough but maybe you're right. Also this. The biggest effiency was when he had 500 watt or so.

5 minutes ago, Loleo said:

1. What do you mean?

2. Nope! This CPU doesn't have integrated graphics nor does the mobo.

3. I think I explained why or do you disagree? :o

1. there's generally compatibility issues with running multiple memory sticks, even if they're sold as a kitt - there are enough people, even here on LTT forums, who had issues with 4x kitts

2. checked and edited my original post - my mistake

3. even with OC and a single video card, the power usage won't go above 500-600W and you're putting a kW PSU .. waste of money; the estimated power draw for that config you liked is 375W

4 minutes ago, Loleo said:

I'm planning on 2-way sli (or crossfire depends on pascal/ polaris, pro duo and etc) so I actually think the PSU is enough but maybe you're right. Also this. The biggest effiency was when he had 500 watt or so.

2-way SLI without knowing what cards you go for, together with that power hog of a CPU. I guess you could go 1000w...

It's difficult to calculate without knowing what GPU's you're going to buy, even knowing how consuming the new cards are.

Edit: It most likely will be overkill, i'm pretty sure but i guess you can go completely safe by going 1000w.

3. even with OC and a single video card, the power usage won't go above 500-600W and you're putting a kW PSU .. waste of money; the estimated power draw for that config you liked is 375W

Keep in mind that GPU is just a placeholder, he's going for two Pascal/Polaris GPU's.

1 minute ago, Rck010 said:

2-way SLI without knowing what cards you go for, together with that power hog of a CPU. I guess you could go 1000w...

It's difficult to calculate without knowing what GPU's you're going to buy, even knowing how consuming the new cards are.

Very true, my friend.

2 minutes ago, zMeul said:

1. there's generally compatibility issues with running multiple memory sticks, even if they're sold as a kitt - there are enough

But then I won't be able to take advantage of the quad channel sticks. And the looks You will see why. 

Klevv-ddr4-ram-review-2-2.jpg

Two 980TIs would barely hog more than 650W under full load. So you're good for a 750W at the minimum. I usually recommend at least 850W for the extra headroom.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

2 minutes ago, Loleo said:

But then I won't be able to take advantage of the quad channel sticks

yes, I missed that too .. the CPU's MC supports quad channel :$

9 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

Two 980TIs would barely hog more than 650W under full load. So you're good for a 750W at the minimum. I usually recommend at least 850W for the extra headroom.

Well I guess I might go for the EVGA T2 850... Not! I was going to but then i realized from the shop I'm ordering at the 1000w and 850w price difference is only 50 usd. So i might as well be sticking to the 1000w. ;)

22 minutes ago, Loleo said:

Well I guess I might go for the EVGA T2 850... Not! I was going to but then i realized from the shop I'm ordering at the 1000w and 850w price difference is only 50 usd. So i might as well be sticking to the 1000w. ;)

50 USD is still alot. 1000W is impractically overkill.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Just now, Loleo said:

Hello LTT forum!

This will be my last post in this subforum before I order my components. 

I will use this build for heavy gaming and other things. I live in Sweden so it's a little pricier here but no deal breaker.  No need for peripherals or monitors as I already have some and I have another budget for that. The budget is kinda weird since I won't buy a/ the GPU(s) yet so I will leave it at that (I'm not sure but i think the budget in USD, using google i saw that it might be around 4000 USD)

Note: I will buy the cheap GPU so I can boot up the PC use it for very light gaming  (LoL ftw, only requires a Potato GPU) meanwhile I wait for Polaris/ pascal and generaly more info. Also I have been confirmed that this Mobo will be able to fit in the case (From OC forum and Thermaltake's own forum).

Here is the PcPartpicker link.  

Tell me if you have any suggestions on changing any parts or any opinion. And thank you LTT forum for helping this far in choosing components :)

MSI X99A GODLIKE GAMING CARBON  is much better ,newer & looks much more better than this asus rampage mobo 
and i think for case you should go with the 

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX  it's  best case in my opinion

1 hour ago, Aditya0002 said:

[...]

Hmm, I've gotta check that one out. I've seen it before but never considered it. It's more expensive tho, it's about 122 usd more.

As for the case I'm going to be sticking with the core p5 but thanks anyways.

PS: If anyone have the MSI x99a Godlike carbon please tell me what you think about it!

1 hour ago, Aditya0002 said:

MSI X99A GODLIKE GAMING CARBON  is much better ,newer & looks much more better than this asus rampage mobo 
and i think for case you should go with the 

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX  it's  best case in my opinion

Also do you have this Mobo?

I will just buy the Asus Rampage V extreme since it's cheaper, available and I know the most about.

So this is now done! I've ordered the components and thank you to everyone whom has helped me and have a good day. :)

4 hours ago, Loleo said:

Also do you have this Mobo?

No but one of my friend have this mobo in his black and metal theme PC and I love his rig. 

2 minutes ago, Aditya0002 said:

No but one of my friend have this mobo in his black and metal theme PC and I love his rig. 

Lol, that still doesn't give me any valuable info other than that the looks are good. And I'm not really feeling it to wait 7-9 days before it comes back in stock and then pay 120 bucks more than the rampage. :S

1 minute ago, Loleo said:

Lol, that still doesn't give me any valuable info other than that the looks are good. And I'm not really feeling it to wait 7-9 days before it comes back in stock and then pay 120 bucks more than the rampage. :S

OK if you have ordered Asus rampage extreme it's still a solid choice I am not saying that cancel the order and then buy this godlike mobo ,I was just giving an opinion , rampage is not at all bad it's packs a ton of features (which msi godlike mobo also has , I was saying for godlike mobo for its looks) anyways, you ordered Asus rampage that's great