My First Pc Build

Bat7

Hello, this is my first computer build and i would like some advice about building it. 

I am very undecided on what GPU and CPU I should use and i tried to figure out the best one to use in my situation but I would like advice. 
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/7TcBQ7

1)I live in the US and my budget is about $1,300 and i am willing to go over this but not by much

2) this build is intended to be a light gaming machine the only really demanding game I will play is Star Wars Battle Front and maybe COD and CS GO 

I am also going to use this PC to animate in programs ,such as 3DS max and blender, so I will be doing quite a bit of rendering

3) I am planning on using a Playstation monitor that I got a while back but any good suggestions under 100 USD are welcome

4) The only peripherals I will need to buy are a mouse and a keyboard again anything under 100 USD is welcome as long as the keyboard does not have chiclet keys. I do plan to upgrade in the future to a keyboard like a corsair strafe or a razor chroma but i just need a ok keyboard for now  

5) The reason I am upgrading is because my last pc was a compaq Presario desktop and thats a fossil now and I am currently working on a mac air which is not enough to do what I would like.

Here are my initial thoughts: 

Mobo: the Asus mobo you picked out is a beast but it may not be necessary for what you are looking to do.

PSU: the PSU is a beast but may not be necessary for what you are looking to do.  

GPU: I recommend going with the 4GB GTX 960 from Nvidia instead of the 2GB. I have the 4GB and it's amazing for things such as CS:GO and LoL. 

CPU: If you are getting a boxed CPU it will come with a heat sync so you may consider cutting the heat sync you picked out. The CPU you picked out is good if you ask me.

I'll follow your thread and see if I can give you anymore help. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/7fTFwP

Do this.

Edit: sorry, didnt realize you already had a build.

Current Build: Core i7 4790k @ 4.6, Asus Maximus VII Hero, Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz 8gb (2x4gb), GTX 980ti, NZXT Kraken X61, Fractal Define R5  EVGA Supernova B2 850w, Some 300gb hard drive.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/W7CNrH

1 minute ago, Horizons said:

Here are my initial thoughts: 

Mobo: the Asus mobo you picked out is a beast but it may not be necessary for what you are looking to do.

PSU: the PSU is a beast but may not be necessary for what you are looking to do.  

GPU: I recommend going with the 4GB GTX 960 from Nvidia instead of the 2GB. I have the 4GB and it's amazing for things such as CS:GO and LoL. 

CPU: If you are getting a boxed CPU it will come with a heat sync so you may consider cutting the heat sync you picked out. The CPU you picked out is good if you ask me.

I'll follow your thread and see if I can give you anymore help. 

You seriously tell people not to get a 212 evo? No one would ever use a stock heatsink, and what if he wants to overclock?

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

You don't need that big of a PSU unless you plan to SLI Titans (which you shouldn't)

Upgraded your ram, gave you a good, though more reasonable MOBO

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($348.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($28.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: MSI Z170A PC MATE ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($107.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($56.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($85.49 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($45.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card  ($299.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker (White) ATX Full Tower Case  ($156.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit)  ($86.71 @ Amazon) 
Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse  ($28.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $1317.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-06 15:03 EDT-0400

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

Just now, ANewFace said:

You seriously tell people not to get a 212 evo? No one would ever use a stock heatsink, and what if he wants to overclock?

I seriously am just giving recommendations on how to save money, and from his post he doesn't seem too interested in anything to do with intense overclocking. And for your information I use a stock heat sync and my temps never get above 42 C. 

thanks I this is really helpful just what video card would you guys recommend if i eventual do dual monitors