Corsair Link Help (Multiple Devices)

I am planning on purchasing an AIO cooler. I am thinking the Corsair h100i AIO v2. I also have a Corsair power supply with corsair link. My Motherboard has 2 USB Headers. One of them my powersupply is plugged into. If I get the corsair AIO it wants me to use the other header to control the LED which I do want control over so I can match my system. Only problem is I also plan to purchase the NZXT Hue Plus lighting kit. However that as well requires use of a USB Header for Control of the RGB strips. How can I make this all happen without compromising my build. I noticed the powersupply has a mini or micro plug on it, but not sure what that is used for. Can i connect the AIO to that somehow for control. Any ideas to make this build work while not having cords running every where would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Arcanum

THE BUILD THUS FAR:

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 74.3 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VIII EXTREME EATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2666 Memory
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX Video Card
Case: Inwin 707 BLACK ATX Full Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair 1000W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM (64-bit)

for the love of god dont use corsair link, its GARBAGE. 

plug the h100 in, turn the LED off unplug it and use hue plus and remove the cancer that is Corsair link.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

one option is this I have one and it works great for these devices https://www.nzxt.com/products/iu01-USB-Expansion

just keep it away from flash drives and things that require most of usb 2.0's bandwidth 

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ stock for now --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16Gb --- MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Formula --- GPU: MSI Gaming GTX 980ti --- PSU: Corsair AX860i  ---  Storage: Samsung 850 250gb(OS), 3x Western Digital Blue 3tb (one for game and programs, two for media), 3tb WD Green(somewhat backup) and a Crucial M550 120gb SSD (caching games and programs drive)  --- Case: Fractal Define R5 --- Cooler: Corsair H100i with Noctua 2000rpm, Industrial Fans --- OS: Windows 10 --- Monitor: Asus PB298q + AOC l2260SWD --- Mouse: Logitech G502 Spectrum --- Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) Red LED's --- Audio: Audio Engine A2's (yes the originals), Sennheiser HD 58x Jubilee Audio-Technica ATH-AD900x, Audio-Technica ATH-M50x, Ant Lion Mod Mic V4 --- Laptop: Dell XPS 9750 

2 minutes ago, Nexxus said:

for the love of god dont use corsair link, its GARBAGE. 

plug the h100 in, turn the LED off unplug it and use hue plus and remove the cancer that is Corsair link.

Why do you feel corsair link is such garbage? Please be specific.

Just now, Arcanum Luminarium said:

Great idea! Thanks for that one. Going to keep that idea on the backburner!

not many people know about it :-)

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ stock for now --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16Gb --- MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Formula --- GPU: MSI Gaming GTX 980ti --- PSU: Corsair AX860i  ---  Storage: Samsung 850 250gb(OS), 3x Western Digital Blue 3tb (one for game and programs, two for media), 3tb WD Green(somewhat backup) and a Crucial M550 120gb SSD (caching games and programs drive)  --- Case: Fractal Define R5 --- Cooler: Corsair H100i with Noctua 2000rpm, Industrial Fans --- OS: Windows 10 --- Monitor: Asus PB298q + AOC l2260SWD --- Mouse: Logitech G502 Spectrum --- Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) Red LED's --- Audio: Audio Engine A2's (yes the originals), Sennheiser HD 58x Jubilee Audio-Technica ATH-AD900x, Audio-Technica ATH-M50x, Ant Lion Mod Mic V4 --- Laptop: Dell XPS 9750 

3 minutes ago, Arcanum Luminarium said:

Why do you feel corsair link is such garbage? Please be specific.

its UI is one of the worst things to navigate in my life, my h100i doesn't listen to ANYTHING you tell it in terms of specific colours, I was ripping my hair out trying to make the h100i white and it would simply go back to this gross yellow once it got into windows, but it wasnt just link either I remember trying to get other colours out of it and it just gave me whatever colour it damn well pleased. updating firmware is hit or miss, the whole thing is a fugly disorganized mess

furthermore h100is are notorious for having LEDS die out on them so you are better off just banking on not using the lighting on it then anything to be blunt with you 

but dont take my word for it go look upo corsair link complaints and complaints about h100 LEDs dying there is no shortage of them. 

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

1 minute ago, Nexxus said:

its UI is one of the worst things to navigate in my life, my h100i doesn't listen to ANYTHING you tell it in terms of specific colours, I was ripping my hair out trying to make the h100i white and it would simply go back to this gross yellow once it got into windows, but it wasnt just link either I remember trying to get other colours out of it and it just gave me whatever colour it damn well pleased. updating firmware is hit or miss, the whole thing is a fugly disorganized mess

furthermore h100is are notorious for having LEDS die out on them so you are better off just banking on not using the lighting on it then anything to be blunt with you 

but dont take my word for it go look upo corsair link complaints and complaints about h100 LEDs dying there is no shortage of them. 

I haven't had any issues with the leds after updating to corsair 4.0. 

Just now, astrosheen said:

I haven't had any issues with the leds after updating to corsair 4.0. 

You could literally tell me it would grant me free blowjobs and it wouldn't sway me. The whole thing is cancer and from what I have seen of the latest iterations they are nothing more then a new coat of paint over same garbage. 

System Specs

5 minutes ago, Nexxus said:

its UI is one of the worst things to navigate in my life, my h100i doesn't listen to ANYTHING you tell it in terms of specific colours, I was ripping my hair out trying to make the h100i white and it would simply go back to this gross yellow once it got into windows, updating firmware is hit or miss, the whole thing is a fugly disorganized mess

not only that crappy GUI

if you already set everything up for custom fan controlls etc its suffers on demenzia

every few days or sometimes many times a day it forgets or resets everything, or you have <placenumberhere> wrong "copies" of your devices that show wrong values

not to mention the crappy loud AF standard fans, corsair could do better for that price

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/