Buying from DirectCanada.com not safe?

Lisa.Lisa

Is DirectCanada.com safe to order from? Because Google Chrome tells me that the site isn't encrypted. Does this happen to everyone?

I want to buy something from them but I don't really want to enter my personal info if the site isn't secure..

Sorry if I'm posting on the wrong board, I wasn't sure where I should post this question. 

safee.JPG

It says on my PC that the website is encrypted 

Just now, Bobby_Joe_90 said:

It says on my PC that the website is encrypted 

oh weird. Maybe a program I have is interfering then?

Some sites don't encrypt all pages, but do encrypt certain actions such as login/buying,  the cart doesn't normally contain anything sensitive so there is no need to encrypt that.  I just had a look and all transactions go through paypal so that will all be encrypted, I also checked their login page and they are using SSL on that so I assume it will be on the checkout as well.

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

Just now, Lisa.Lisa said:

oh weird. Maybe a program I have is interfering then?

Not sure. Since it's a retailer on PCPartPicker i would assume it's safe. 

Just now, Bobby_Joe_90 said:

Not sure. Since it's a retailer on PCPartPicker i would assume it's safe. 

I've bought from them before and been happy with them. I just don't like this warning message =(

5 minutes ago, Lisa.Lisa said:

I've bought from them before and been happy with them. I just don't like this warning message =(

Check my reply above. :)

Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

Canada Computers are a subsidy of NCIX they are safe to buy from.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

29 minutes ago, AddonCustoms said:

Some sites don't encrypt all pages, but do encrypt certain actions such as login/buying,  the cart doesn't normally contain anything sensitive so there is no need to encrypt that.  I just had a look and all transactions go through paypal so that will all be encrypted, I also checked their login page and they are using SSL on that so I assume it will be on the checkout as well.

I went to check out and on the site where they ask for my credit card info, it still gives me warnings saying the site isn't encrypted 

Capturttye.JPG

2 minutes ago, Lisa.Lisa said:

I went to check out and on the site where they ask for my credit card info, it still gives me warnings saying the site isn't encrypted 

Capturttye.JPG

Hmm, it is encrypted but uses an old method to do so. If you pay via paypal you will be fine, if they accept card directly I personally wouldn't like to enter my details.

Addon Customs -