Apps crashing? Could it be my ssd's problem?

Hellbringer3110

Hi I have a kingston v300 240 gig. I know they are bad and people have mentioned that in the past. Lately, I have been experiencing some issues.. I play a game called csgo and it would crash 6/10 times I open the game. This game and my os is both installed on this ssd. It feels like my os crashes as well, Like basically nothing would load. I click on google chrome and the icon appears and then disappears. I left click my home screen and the options dont come up. I need help. What could be causing this problem.

What OS are you using? Windows 10 has a bug that produces similar results.

Also: Kek, because we don't know what CS:GO is.

7 minutes ago, Hellbringer3110 said:

. I play a game called csgo 

You know how it is, the cow goes "moo", the dog goes "woof" and the gamer goes "The PvP is unbalanced."

Spoiler

Personal Computer: CPU: i7-4790 Mobo: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 Graphics Card: MSI R9-380  Memory: 16GB (8GB x2) G. Skill Sniper Gaming Series PSU: Apevia Warlock 750W Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Series Storage: 240GB SSD (OS) 3TB HDD (data and such) 500 GB SSD (Movies and Large Data Transfers (I'm constantly moving this one around to other computers))

1 minute ago, Howlingwolf101 said:

What OS are you using? Windows 10 has a bug that produces similar results.

Also: Kek, because we don't know what CS:GO is.

I use windows 8.1

In that case you could try getting a new HDD or SSD and reinstalling your OS. If that isn't your only storage device (because 240GB is pretty small), you could try moving CSGO to the other drive and see if that helps.

You know how it is, the cow goes "moo", the dog goes "woof" and the gamer goes "The PvP is unbalanced."

Spoiler

Personal Computer: CPU: i7-4790 Mobo: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 Graphics Card: MSI R9-380  Memory: 16GB (8GB x2) G. Skill Sniper Gaming Series PSU: Apevia Warlock 750W Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Series Storage: 240GB SSD (OS) 3TB HDD (data and such) 500 GB SSD (Movies and Large Data Transfers (I'm constantly moving this one around to other computers))

Just now, Howlingwolf101 said:

In that case you could try getting a new HDD or SSD and reinstalling your OS. If that isn't your only storage device (because 240GB is pretty small), you could try moving CSGO to the other drive and see if that helps.

so you are saying my ssd could be the problem to these crashes right?

10 minutes ago, Hellbringer3110 said:

so you are saying my ssd could be the problem to these crashes right?

I can't say for sure but it might be worth it to troubleshoot it this way.

Spoiler