Low End PC Build

javaja

I want to build a low end machine. I want to a low end PC I will duel boot (linux) and run virtual machines at times software development but not going to the VMs though any really heavy load.

For gaming I will be mainly MMOs and FIFA. What could I expect to get with this build? I do not expect much but just want to be able to play without flicker.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/CZtZgs

Edited by javaja
wrong link sorry

Wrong link. You want the permalink at the top of the page.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

you should be able to get a 760k or 860k and a r7 260 for that price and its better than the a10.

but then youd have to get cheaper RAM. and if you do go with the a10 APU get 2 4gb sticks of ram because a APU will run better if you get dual channel ram. and RAM that is a higer speed

I can get windows for free (well as part of tuition) from School and have a mouse and was just going to go for a cheap 10-15 dollar keyboard to start off with.  and I have an old Moniter.

Also according to this http://pcpartpicker.com/p/fWVVrH 860k and a r7 260 with cheaper RAM (dont need the high speed RAM with a discrete GPU) is about $100 more expensive so I am not really surprised that It would be better.

What type of performance difference is there between the a10 vs (860k + r7 260)? How much better is it?

Ok thanks. Is there anything you would change?