Kronos Build

Nih116

So the intro...

I am a computer enthusiast and I have been making my own systems for about 20 years. I have also been gaming for roughly the same amount of time and as such I enjoy taking on more challenging and exotic builds each time.

I call this build “Kronos” because, to me at least, it’s a titan of a build and also because I associate Kronos with a red color for some reason.

I had been planning to do a custom build for a long time, and always seemed to keep putting it off for one reason or another. Well recently that changed and I took the parts of my PC that were still worth keeping (namely the motherboard and CPU) and upgraded everything else.... and I mean EVERYTHING else.

The purpose of the build was to create a top tier gaming PC and implement a liquid cooling solution for the video cards and CPU. All in all it took me 1 whole night to assemble everything and another couple hours the next day to ensure everything was functioning as intended.

Specs:

Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark I

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790

Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32Gb 1600 MHz

SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 1Tb

Audio: Creative Sound Blaster Zx (PCI-E)

Video: (2) EVGA GTX 980ti Superclocked (SLI)

Case: Corsair Graphite 760T

P/S: EVGA 1000P2 (1000w) Platinum
Optical Drive: LG 16x Blu-Ray drive

Speakers: Bose Companion II

Headset: Astro A50

Keyboard: Corsair K70

Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

Other: Custom EKWB Liquid Cooling with 120 & 360mm radiators

Below are pics of some of the components and a few while I was building it… before anyone says anything about the parts being on the carpet, my friend already called me a jackass for doing that lol.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

13.JPG

14.JPG

15.JPG

16.JPG

17.JPG

18.JPG

19.JPG

20.JPG

21.JPG

That's very nice, 980 ti SLI damn this build is probably something like $2500-$3000. freakin sweet man. GG

You know how it is, the cow goes "moo", the dog goes "woof" and the gamer goes "The PvP is unbalanced."

Spoiler

Personal Computer: CPU: i7-4790 Mobo: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 Graphics Card: MSI R9-380  Memory: 16GB (8GB x2) G. Skill Sniper Gaming Series PSU: Apevia Warlock 750W Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Series Storage: 240GB SSD (OS) 3TB HDD (data and such) 500 GB SSD (Movies and Large Data Transfers (I'm constantly moving this one around to other computers))

@FuriousGamer I do believe it may be able to during the lunar eclipse xD

@Howlingwolf101 haha I think it probably was something around there :) so worth it though!

@Fyfey96 Thanks man! I am definitely enjoying it ^.^

i am eagerly awaiting the new extreme CPU's and Pascal GPU's to come out for a possible upgrade ^.^

3 hours ago, Nih116 said:

i am eagerly awaiting the new extreme CPU's and Pascal GPU's to come out for a possible upgrade ^.^

Woah wat

NO please wait for Volta. Save your money in the bank for life.

Get a decent headset and external dac/amp if you must.

Looks good! Mebe some dust filters.

15 hours ago, DieHörnær said:

NO please wait for Volta. Save your money in the bank for life.

Get a decent headset and external dac/amp if you must.

Looks good! Mebe some dust filters.

I may wait for Volta, it just depends on how much of an improvement Pascal is for 4k gaming since my monitor is a pretty nice 4k TV.

As for the headset and External DAC/AMP I am ok with my currentl creative SB Zx and Astro A50's

The case has some filters in it already, but I could definitely use a rear filter since I flipped the fan to an input. Thanks for the idea ;)