An Old Beast

Hi All :)

I am looking to invest a small big of cash into an old 1st Gen computer. Idea is coming from scrapyard wars of course. I was looking at a gold few different processors and GPU's, all of which I will list below. Below you will also find a full list of planning and price budget for each part.

What I aim to achieve from this is as it says in the title, an old beast, which will do all daily tasks, run games at 1080p low-medium settings is perfectly acceptable for me, if higher settings can be achieved within budget, then that'd be good.

Processor: Budget 50Euro/60$. I was looking at a Q6600, i5-7xx or a i7-8/9xx (which is a bit out of range) series CPU's. All of which I will want to overclock 100%.

Motherboard: Budget Unknown. Depending on the socket you go with the prices vary a LOT. So will need some info on this part.

Memory: DDR2 kits are no less expensive than DDR3. So preferably I would like 6GB or more.

GPU: Budget ~75Euro/80$. Was looking at 7870, 660 Ti or 760, can bump up the budget if required but really don't want to.

Case: Any cheap case, can be second hand. Hopefully ~10Euro/10$.

PSU: Any half decent PSU will be fine.

Hard drive, EBay is my friend.

Any help or thoughts appreciated. I have a Skylake PC already so please don't suggest I build new or anything like that. Just want to have a bit of fun with an old computer! Thanks for your time :)

Get a GTX 580 for GPU. Cheap but great value. Maybe even try and get 2