What Graphics Card To Get? Please Help.

Go to solution Solved by FX-9590,

The Gigabyte GTX 950 is my recommendation https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-video-card-gvn950oc2gd

Although I still have to learn about this external pcie slot stuff so I would try and make sure that everything will be compatible with your laptop and the external pcie slot itself. 

I have a laptop, I-5 and 8GB of ram. 700gb hdd and a 120gb ssd. I'm hooking up a GPU to an external pcie slot and load it into my monitor but I am wondering what anyone has for suggestions. I plan on playing Arma 3 on high detail with no Anti-aliasing and TF2(not GPU intensive at all) but I don't know what to get... My general budget would be $100-250 Canadian. It is going to be in the open so thermal isn't a problem. I would prefer AMD for I like the style

and the colour red (personally preference) but if there is a better Nvidia GPU I can live on the green team. I'm thinking of a R7 260x or a R9 270x

Thanks I will take a look. I would also have to do some background checking to see if it's compatible but the video I watched he ran a 980 on it so I would assume it's fine.

Oh 980... I have seen enough of you ... I would get a R9 290x if I had more budget lol