rf receiver to switch transistor?

i'm trying to make a simple circuit where i flip a switch on my desk, which will cause an arduino to send data to an rf transmitter that will be received above my door to activate a transistor and allow power to flow turning on a red led.  I don't want to have an arduino at the receiver end, so can I connect the transmitter to arduino pin 9(just as an example) write pin to as HIGH, have the reciever receive that HIGH signal and have that open the transistor?

I can help with programming and hardware.

<Script>alert("This website is vulnerable to XSS");</Script>

23 hours ago, littlepigboy5 said:

i'm trying to make a simple circuit where i flip a switch on my desk, which will cause an arduino to send data to an rf transmitter that will be received above my door to activate a transistor and allow power to flow turning on a red led.  I don't want to have an arduino at the receiver end, so can I connect the transmitter to arduino pin 9(just as an example) write pin to as HIGH, have the reciever receive that HIGH signal and have that open the transistor?

Well, if the receiver has an analog output, just hook that to the base of the transistor to make it work.

`