Which to choose?

GeraldTing

Well for me I would go Hyper 212. Mainly because the 212 was the first aftermarket air cooler I ever used and it was pretty damn good. It mounts to just about every cpu socket made in the past decade and provides enough cooling for some decent overclocking. Plus, you have cooler master backing it up which they have great customer service. Having seen what one can do on an FX-6100(4.3 ghz), i5-4670k(4.2ghz), and an i7 3770k(4.2ghz) I can tell you it keeps everything cool and under load around 70c. The overclocks on these cpus could've gone a little farther. I have no experience with the cryorig H7, so I have no opinion to give about it. I can only recommend what I know works.

h7 because slightly better performance, better asthetics, only 145mm tall, universal ram compatibility. 212x is basically same as 212 evo, so if you can find it for under $25, then its better simply becuase of price.

Altair - Firestrike: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13945459

CPU:  i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz CL11 GPU: XFX RX 470 RS Storage: ADATA SP550 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | Toshiba 2TB PSU: EVGA B2 750W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Fans: Phanteks PH-F200SP (Front) | Phanteks PH-F140SP (Rear) | Noctua NF-A15 (Top)

Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown | Audio: Sennheiser HD 558

On 3/14/2016 at 0:51 AM, GeraldTing said:

What if both have the same price?

The H7 is better at a shorter height and with better mounting hardware. They're similar in performance and acoustics. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.