NEED help with Laptop GPU

MrGoose0
Go to solution Solved by MrGoose0,
Just now, Conan1600 said:

ok quick question. you dont happen to have yoir laptop on power saver battery profile do you? if so set to high performance and try again

I might be a complete moron!

Hi. I recently bought a new laptop since the previous one I owned kinda broke. I got this ASUS E5-573G-51QW because of the GeForce 940M (4GB). So now that I have it I was looking forward to playing some casual games like CS:GO and this is where the problem is... I can run GRID 2 on High settings no problem but CS:GO can barely run on 20fps on lowest settings. I've updated the drivers to newest, I have tried the default drivers, I have tried disabling Intel HD graphics. NOTHING WORKS! I feel that CS:GO is using Intel HD graphics because I can't even launch the game if I disable the Intel HD Graphics :( and I don't even have the option in my BIOS to change primary GPU.... and wtf would that change because I think GRID 2 is using the 940M when I play it..?!?!!? IM SO CONFUSED!

I tried GPU-Z .... when I tried playing CS:GO it shoved that the 940M is working properly like it was used to run the game... but that was not what was actually happening! my card should be able to run CS:GO on atleast 60FPS without problem on the FullHD display the laptop has!

The laptop I had before was like 3years old and it ran CS:GO on max settings with like 60+ fps

it was a Toshiba Satelite L850-1P2 it had a i5 CPU aswell (an older one) and AMD Radeon 6700 (series) GPU

The Specs: (ASUS E5-573G-51QW)

CPU --> i5-5200U

GPU --> 940M (4GB)

RAM --> 8GB DDR3 (originally 4GB but I put another 4 in)

Have you configured it using nVidia control panel?

I need S340. But more Define S'ish

14 minutes ago, Allshevski said:

Have you configured it using nVidia control panel?

can you explayin what do you mean by that.... is there something I have to change in Nvidia Controll panel? I have changed most of thing in the intel HD graphics panel to maximum performance

disable intel hd graphics in device manager 

i can not find anything on your laptop specs so im guessing you are having a igpu and gpu conflict on when to use what. disable intel, keep 940

disable intel hd graphics in device manager

''I can't even launch the game if I disable the Intel HD Graphics''

1 minute ago, MrGoose0 said:

''I can't even launch the game if I disable the Intel HD Graphics''

in device manager what does it show under display? does it show 2 devices like one is intel hd and one geforce?

if you are using optimus go in control panel and set  it to use high performance processor under global settings

15 minutes ago, Conan1600 said:

in device manager what does it show under display? does it show 2 devices like one is intel hd and one geforce?

yes it shows both. when I disable the intel one I can't launch CS:GO from steam

9 minutes ago, Conan1600 said:

if you are using optimus go in control panel and set  it to use high performance processor under global settings

did that... still 20fps

ok quick question. you dont happen to have yoir laptop on power saver battery profile do you? if so set to high performance and try again

I might be a complete moron!

Sorry for being a Fucking idiot! :D My Laptop was in Power FUCKING Saving mode (facepalm)