Weird ping issue thingy

I have recently changed from sky's 4mbps to virgins 200mbps. Yes i am using a powerline, i know this sucks but randomly when playing games such as csgo or rocket leauge my ping will go to 120 and stay there it will be no change and the lag is a issue. I have 200mbps why is this happening?! It can stay like this for 30 45 mins then go back to normal.

Your ISP probably has some problems. Internet speed has nothing to do with ping these days. 

I need S340. But more Define S'ish

What router/gateway are you using? What powerlines?

Try to ping your router; Windows Key + R > CMD > "Ping -n 50 <router IP here>". If the ping is high, or if you see high spikes, then the powerline is your issue. Powerline can be temperamental because electrical lines were not designed to transfer data. Also check your electrical ground. If you don't have a proper ground you are more prone to electrical interference. 

Finally, go to server you wanna play, type "status" in console to get server IP. then from CMD like above but type "tracert x.x.x.x" (replace x.x.x.x with IP). See here for more info and see here for a list of servers.

11 minutes ago, Trikein said:

Try to ping your router; Windows Key + R > CMD > "Ping -n 50 <router IP here>". If the ping is high, or if you see high spikes, then the powerline is your issue. Powerline can be temperamental because electrical lines were not designed to transfer data. Also check your electrical ground. If you don't have a proper ground you are more prone to electrical interference. 

Finally, go to server you wanna play, type "status" in console to get server IP. then from CMD like above but type "tracert x.x.x.x" (replace x.x.x.x with IP). See here for more info and see here for a list of servers.

Ok will do i am using a tp powerlink im upstairs and my router is downstairs so my 200mbps is dropping to 60mpbs so cable would be great........

14 minutes ago, Trikein said:

I tested my ping using cmd and yeah dude i got spikes :/

What model powerlink? TP makes alot of them. What are they rated for in throughput? Also, how old is the electrical wiring in your house? 

Last, do either powerline connect into a surge protector or power strip of any kind? If so, that will kill your speed.

I think ethernet is the best scenario my tp powerlink is 500mbps this white one that came in a two pack im not exactly sure the model sorry :/

People say that their great but thats just for like watching videos, not something so demanding

Eliminate everything between you and your modem. Plug your computer directly into your modem. Do you still have this issue?

4 hours ago, Asterisk said:

Eliminate everything between you and your modem. Plug your computer directly into your modem. Do you still have this issue?

No issues at all.  Good stable connection.

Me thinks your powerlinks are broken. Or there is something wrong/different with your internal electrical wiring. Can you run ethernet from downstairs to upstairs? You can get it pre-made and just need to drill a hole. Or you can try to buy new powerlinks, but then you take the risk its not the devices, but the condition of your wiring. 

3 minutes ago, Trikein said:

Me thinks your powerlinks are broken. Or there is something wrong/different with your internal electrical wiring. Can you run ethernet from downstairs to upstairs? You can get it pre-made and just need to drill a hole. Or you can try to buy new powerlinks, but then you take the risk its not the devices, but the condition of your wiring. 

The issue is where to drill the holes exactly.... if i could get ethernet through then i wouldn't be having this issue and yes buying more powerlinks seems like a risky idea one that i wouldn't have to put up with if i could just get the ethernet.

Just now, Powis21 said:

The issue is where to drill the holes exactly.... if i could get ethernet through then i wouldn't be having this issue and yes buying more powerlinks seems like a risky idea one that i wouldn't have to put up with if i could just get the ethernet.

MoCA? Do you have coaxial in both rooms? A lot of it comes down to shielding around the wire. Electrical has almost none, so powerline is the worst, coaxial has more, so it's second best, and ethernet has the most. Wifi is hit or miss, depending on your equipment and other Wifi networks around you, but ethernet is always better then Wifi. 

Could you move your PC to where the ISP gateway is? That would be the cheapest and best solution, just not convenient. 

:/ i wish i could, not my choice i guess i will just have to put up with it.......... no way of moving my whole desktop there