Wireless Network Issues...

kristwi

So my friend has really issues with her connection she's loosing it often during the day so we made a Wifi Analysis with an App in Windows 10.

e8ddce81559f0dcdc689bb44eb53e84d.jpg

142fab887422b0146a0781e834e57afd.jpg

Looks like there are too many Networks on top of each other! Right?

She should move the channel to 11?

And we also brought a Wireless Reparter because in the Same room as the Wireless Router she has much better performance. -30dB!

Especially Issues with online Gaming she always looses Connection but Rocket League says she has a relatively good ping also we did Pingtest and it looked fine.

Yes, move to channel 11. What router do you have? Gaming on wireless stinks IMO and gaming on a wireless repeater is even worse. Can you run ethernet to the gaming room? Would be cheaper and better then buying a repeater, just a bit more work.

FYI. You can take screen shots by either using snippet or CTRL + Print Screen then paste into MSPaint. Save then drag and drop into the post. 

4 hours ago, Trikein said:

FYI. You can take screen shots by either using snippet or CTRL + Print Screen then paste into MSPaint. Save then drag and drop into the post. 

START + Print Screen takes screenshots in windows 10 and saves it automatically.

This is a laptop, my desktops suck.

Dell XPS 15 9560 | CPU: Core i7 7700HQ | MBD: DELL 05FFDN | GPU: Intel 630 HD + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 | RAM: 2x8GBDDR4 SO-DIMM Micron Tech 1200.5 MHZ 

Display: LQ156D1 [DELL P/N: Y2XND] | NVMe SSD: THNSN5512GPUK NVMe TOSHIBA 512GB | Battery: DELL 5XJ2879

Thunderbolt 3 Dock: IOGEAR GTD733 | Internet: 300 Mbps (Ethernet over TB3 dock)

"I`d rather eat a apple than have one"

Just now, ZAIN-TECH said:

START + Print Screen takes screenshots in windows 10 and saves it automatically.

You will have to pry my Window 7 64bit from my cold dead hands. ;) But thanks for the tip. Does it save the whole display or just the window in focus? I know Alt +Print Screen just screenshot the window.

It saves the whole screen.

This is a laptop, my desktops suck.

Dell XPS 15 9560 | CPU: Core i7 7700HQ | MBD: DELL 05FFDN | GPU: Intel 630 HD + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 | RAM: 2x8GBDDR4 SO-DIMM Micron Tech 1200.5 MHZ 

Display: LQ156D1 [DELL P/N: Y2XND] | NVMe SSD: THNSN5512GPUK NVMe TOSHIBA 512GB | Battery: DELL 5XJ2879

Thunderbolt 3 Dock: IOGEAR GTD733 | Internet: 300 Mbps (Ethernet over TB3 dock)

"I`d rather eat a apple than have one"

Definitely change channels. You are dealing with a lot of noise. You can have a good signal. But if there is too much noise it's useless.

If you cant run a cat5 cable to the PC. I would look into one of those ethernet over powerline adaptors. 

Friend of mine uses one for gaming and it does fairly well. 

http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-PA4010KIT-Powerline-Adapter-Starter/dp/B00AWRUICG/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1455384541&sr=1-1&keywords=powerline+ethernet+adapter