How to access internal drive on my desktop for tablets and other PCs on the network

I have a 4tb Drive in my Desktop where I store all of my media, e.g. movies, music, etc and I would like to be able to access those files over the local network on my laptop, tablet and phone when I want. I looking for a way to do this all i can find is tutorials on how to plug drives into Routers which I can do and already have and is used by other people in the house. I want to know how to access that drive in my desktop with out visualization, without a new OS and without changing hardware configurations (e.g. raspberry pi NAS and etc) over the local network using a laptop with windows 7, a tablet with android and if possible a phone running WP 8.1 but I don't care that much if my phone can't access it. My router is a ASUS RT-AC68U, I am running Windows 10 Pro on an i5 750 with 12GB of RAM connected to the router via 2.4Ghz at 144.4Mbs (my internet is slow AF so I don't need any more ATM). Please let me know of anyway to do this, or if it is impossible.

Right click on the drive in explorer>properties>Sharing>Advanced Sharing>Check the box and name it what you want and hit OK. Now when accessing it on the laptop use explorer and type the network path (found in the sharing tab) into the navigation bar. How you do it on android depends on the file browser.

If I use words like probably or most likely, it is because I dislike certainty. These words can probably be omitted and the sentence read as a certainty.

21 minutes ago, NTF5252 said:

Right click on the drive in explorer>properties>Sharing>Advanced Sharing>Check the box and name it what you want and hit OK. Now when accessing it on the laptop use explorer and type the network path (found in the sharing tab) into the navigation bar. How you do it on android depends on the file browser.

I have tried this and it seams that because it uses back slashes (\) the address is not possible to navigate to on any android app. The only thing i have got it to work on was the browser of the computer that the files reside upon

have you used the auto scan on ES file explorer?

If I use words like probably or most likely, it is because I dislike certainty. These words can probably be omitted and the sentence read as a certainty.

14 minutes ago, NTF5252 said:

have you used the auto scan on ES file explorer?

When I do this My desktop shows up i go to it and a number of directories show up all of which are empty, have a login fail caused by the 'the account has no permissions' or 'Invalid operation'. When trying to edit that connection to have login details it says that the connection has failed and does not allow the changes to be saved.