major screen tear ;-;

IsaacDaGrazin

so lately i have been getting some serious screen tear and i mean to the point where the literally is multiple long tears in the screen

it happens either when im JUST Scrolling down on a web page (ltt forums, youtube, twitter etc...) or when im either playing tf2, cs:go and just turn quickly

its never happened before so why would it just happen out of the blue?

by tear i mean like multiple horizontal tears all over the screen in game and for Firefox when im scrolling fast (like to get to the bottom of the page or something)  there’s a GIANT long vertical tear

i haven’t changed my resolution or anything like that, my settings in game have never been changed (well when i first got it i of course changed it to my preference which is normally medium-high)

well there is one thing i tried to take off my headphones and they literally FLEW at my monitor and hit it, now there is a little mark on it (not a dead/stuck pixel) and my big brother threw a jelly baby at my monitor too (there’s also a little mark) they are like dark marks like a light greyish they are not solid grey but like a faded gray and you can see what’s behind it (like text or whatever it will just have it over the text)

could they be the cause? i think it may be my headphones since the screen tear is quite recent and i did (accidentally) throw my headphones at my monitor like 4-5 days ago and that’s when it began happening

the bit that hit the monitor was the head band (literally just solid plastic)

the jelly baby was a few months ago and i didn’t get screen tear back then

is there a way to fix screen tear? would i have to get a new monitor? my current one is a acer monitor which i have no clue what model :/ since my mum just bought the first monitor she saw (tbh its actually pretty good)

any help/advice is greatly appreciated

thanks!

pics below! and i cant upload them? does a Nokia lumia 735 use a different file type?  odd