Should I upgrade?

I currently have an amd fx 6300. My birthday is coming up and I don't know if I should go Intel. If I do go Intel what processor should I get? An i7 4790k or 6700k? 

I use my computer for gaming and sometimes video editing. 

Thanks,

I was thinking that but the 4790k is like 3 years old now wouldn't it be better to get a newer processor?

1 minute ago, reeceythelegend said:

I was thinking that but the 4790k is like 3 years old now wouldn't it be better to get a newer processor?

Yes if you can afford the newer RAM. Since the i7 6700K is faster than the i7 4790k:

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

5 minutes ago, reeceythelegend said:

Performance per dollar wise however, since the i7 6700k is still stuck at 380-400 dollars plus the new ram the i7 4790K offer better bang for the buck.

Edit: if you don't want to overclock get the i7 6700K since it's setting at 330 dollars.

Pascal laptops guide

Just now, Castdeath97 said:

Performance per dollar wise however, since the i7 6700k is still stuck at 380-400 dollars plus the new ram the i7 4790K offer better bang for the buck.

And you can get USED 4770K and 4790K For super cheap, like almost £100 off retail, my i7 is costing me £180 but there are some on eBay for £200.

My current build - Ever Changing.

Number 1 On LTT LGA 1150 CPU Cinebench R15

http://hwbot.org/users/TheGamingBarrel

Just now, TheGamingBarrel said:

And you can get USED 4770K and 4790K For super cheap, like almost £100 off retail, my i7 is costing me £180 but there are some on eBay for £200.

Yeah going used might be wise. 

Pascal laptops guide