gaming/editing computer for cheap

Sean Thunder
Go to solution Solved by DarkHunter970,
2 minutes ago, Amazingasian said:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($70.88 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock FM2A68M-DG3+ Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($44.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: Mushkin Essentials 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory  ($28.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Hitachi Ultrastar 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($41.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon R7 370 2GB Core Edition Video Card  ($126.99 @ NCIX US) 
Case: Rosewill FBM-02 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($21.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($53.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $389.82
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-02 23:54 EST-0500

For $400, you can do something that will beat the APU build.

I totally forgot about the 860k, nice one man, but should we try to find a case with a PSU just to save some cost?

Cheapest gaming/editing computer parts for my new setup im only in middle school pls watch the cost.

Just now, Sean Thunder said:

Cheapest gaming/editing computer parts for my new setup im only in middle school pls watch the cost.

How cheap? I've seen overprivlidged middle schoolers with dual 2011-3 Xeons and 4 way SLI Titan X's.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

im starting a youtube channel and all my freinds have these beef computers and i only have a laptop

That's very limiting and its going to be difficult to build a computer with that much money. I would consider saving up. And if you really want a computer for the least amount, I would consider an APU system.

its about to be my birthday ill probably have 200 too 300 if that helps

Try and borrow their computers maybe???  150 is tight even with used parts.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

I agree, you're not going to be able to get anything with 100 to 150 $.  We did a challenge or sorts a little while back and the absolute cheapest computer we could possibly build was around $100, with the worst parts imaginable - not suitable for anything

If you even want to think about getting something in that price range, you'd have to look at buying used.

Out of curiosity, how is your laptop?  I bet it's better than anything you can buy for that much money :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Well to save money, find things to reuse from old computers if you can. That's how my cousin and I built his computer. With $300 I would still try to go for an APU system.

So you don't have any old desktops lying around? From a laptop, the only thing you can really reuse is the HDD, but you need to also have a 2.5in. - 3.5in mount.

2 minutes ago, Sean Thunder said:

my laptop is a 8 gb 1 tb intel i3 

yeah see that's already much better than anything you can get for $150, even used (if you need to buy monitor etc as well)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

no my home computer is worse than my laptop my old laptop is worse but its broke something was wrong with the cpu i think it was fried i can sell the spare parts maybe its 8 gb with everything else but the processer and hard drive

no its a small hp i wanted to get something bigger. what is the cheapest parts for what i want like how much money

Okay, Let's assume you can use at least $350 USD cause I have planned a computer for that low before.

i tried looking on bestbuy is there any other places i can look for parts

With the assumed $300-400 USD funds, I'm still on boat with AMD APU system. If you don't know what an APU is, its just a CPU with a Built-in GPU that works really well with high speed RAM.