Windows 10 won't boot

Principis

Well... After the last Windows 10 update I think it released on 27 January 2 of our pc's running Windows 10 pc's won't finish startup.

After some seconds on the windows logo and the loading circle, the circle stops spinning and windows goes to startup repair. I can't repair it...

There is no restore point and nothing works I tried to remove the update in safe mode but that didn't solve the problem.

Also I can't use sfc it doesn't work.

(Sorry for my bad grammar my native language is dutch and I'm too tired to put some effort in it :P )

Do you have a Windows 10/8 disc & license key on you at the moment?

THIS METHOD WILL REMOVE ALL FILES

If so, while it is posting, hold F12 (or whatever is "Boot Menu")

Select your disc drive with the up & down keys

Press Enter

Spam the enter key

Windows will bring you to a new install page

Install Windows with preferred settings

Your files are gone, but Windows works again.

//

Heeft u een Windows 08/10 CD & licentiecode op jou op dit moment?

Deze methode zal verwijderen All FILES

Als dat zo is , terwijl het posten , houd F12 (of wat is "Boot Menu " )

Selecteer uw schijf met de up & down toetsen

druk op Enter

Spam de sleutel in te voeren

Windows brengt u naar een nieuw te installeren pagina

Installeer Windows met voorkeursinstellingen

Uw bestanden zijn gegaan, maar Windows werkt weer .

*mildly autistic*

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard: x99 RampageRAM: 16GB DDR4 GPU: Nvidia 980 Ti SSD: Looking for one |

Just now, LionWaffles said:

Do you have a Windows 10/8 disc & license key on you at the moment?

THIS METHOD WILL REMOVE ALL FILES

If so, while it is posting, hold F12 (or whatever is "Boot Menu")

Select your disc drive with the up & down keys

Press Enter

Spam the enter key

Windows will bring you to a new install page

Install Windows with preferred settings

Your files are gone, but Windows works again.

I know how to do a clean install it but I don't want to do a clean install or the stupid refresh option. But it'll take me a couple hours if I have to do a clean install because domain and a shitload of important stuff :/ 

1 minute ago, Principis said:

I know how to do a clean install it but I don't want to do a clean install or the stupid refresh option. But it'll take me a couple hours if I have to do a clean install because domain and a shitload of important stuff :/ 

I personally don't have any idea how to get the files off of the drive without booting into safe mode. Maybe go to a data recovery service if the files are that important? No clue :(

*mildly autistic*

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard: x99 RampageRAM: 16GB DDR4 GPU: Nvidia 980 Ti SSD: Looking for one |

Just now, LionWaffles said:

I personally don't have any idea how to get the files off of the drive without booting into safe mode. Maybe go to a data recovery service if the files are that important? No clue :(

Do you have any idea what I am talking about? :)

I can boot into safe mode the problem is that windows won't boot normally it just keeps getting stuck and goes to startup repair (or whatever) and it keeps failing without any error

Just now, Principis said:

Do you have any idea what I am talking about? :)

I can boot into safe mode the problem is that windows won't boot normally it just keeps getting stuck and goes to startup repair (or whatever) and it keeps failing without any error

Oh I could've sworn in OP you said you couldn't LOL! I am not familiar with safe mode lol so can you just clone the disk and drag those files on to an external disc?

*mildly autistic*

I had the same issue with a surface pro 3 and have had the issue with an update before, with the surface we could not even do a clean install and had to send it to Microsoft for them to repair, however with the PC I could get into advanced start-up options and also noticed I had not restore points and it left me with no choice but to take the disk out back up all the data onto another drive (in this case my data server) and do a clean install and then restore the data.

on my personal systems I take a backup every month or when I install any major programs and store the image on my NAS so I can use my image to restore from.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero | Intel Core i7 6700K NZXT Kraken X61 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2x MSI GTX 970 | 250GB SSD Corsair RM1000x

1 minute ago, RJMproductions said:

I had the same issue with a surface pro 3 and have had the issue with an update before, with the surface we could not even do a clean install and had to send it to Microsoft for them to repair, however with the PC I could get into advanced start-up options and also noticed I had not restore points and it left me with no choice but to take the disk out back up all the data onto another drive (in this case my data server) and do a clean install and then restore the data.

on my personal systems I take a backup every month or when I install any major programs and store the image on my NAS so I can use my image to restore from.

I forgot to make an Acronis backup... :(Well I think I'm going to spend the whole damn weekend to repair it...

Stupid Microsoft is it so hard to make an update that doesn't completely destroy the installation?!

5 minutes ago, LionWaffles said:

Oh I could've sworn in OP you said you couldn't LOL! I am not familiar with safe mode lol so can you just clone the disk and drag those files on to an external disc?

I don't need any files everything is on the server :) I just don't want to do a clean install

Just now, Principis said:

I forgot to make an Acronis backup... :(Well I think I'm going to spend the whole damn weekend to repair it...

Stupid Microsoft is it so hard to make an update that doesn't completely destroy the installation?!

I have had so many issues with MS updates killing surface pros I tell anyone who asks about them to not get one.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero | Intel Core i7 6700K NZXT Kraken X61 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2x MSI GTX 970 | 250GB SSD Corsair RM1000x

:|

*mildly autistic*