I need your help!

Gavinhenderson5

So around Christmas time in 2011 I received an Asus PC. It was before i really knew much about PC's. If I was to get one now I would probably build my own but now I am looking to upgrade because I can only just run games at low quality.

So I have an ASUS CM-1730 and the specs are:

AMD Athlon II X4 645 Processor 3.10GHz

6Gb RAM (Not sure what type but i guess just standard Asus RAM)

Win 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

1Tb HDD

AMD Radeon HD 7400M Series

I want to know what I should get to upgrade. If you need more info to help me just let me know

Definitely a new graphics card. The other parts will be fine for some time. For example you could get a Radeon HD 7870 or a 7850. They should be able to play almost all games on max.

Definitely a new graphics card. The other parts will be fine for some time. For example you could get a Radeon HD 7870 or a 7850. They should be able to play almost all games on max.
Thanks I'll probably go that route. I want to sell me card although apparently AMD Radeon 7400M isnt a card its the GPU or something. Do you know if there is a way i can check the name of my card with software.

You probably wont get more than a dollar or two for that card, so i wouldnt bother. Give it away if you have a friend that needs one.

7400M? I don't think it's a physical card... sounds like some kind of integrated motherboard GPU. Who knows what kind of graphics your power supply could handle though... If you can find a spare 6-pin PCI Express power from the power supply then that's good, but if you don't have any PCIe power plugs available then a Radeon HD 7750 would the highest you could go.

Yeah 7400M is chipset graphics. (remember those days :)

If you're going to put a graphics card of any sort I would upgrade the power supply. Most OEM PC's barely have a big enough PSU to power the components in them.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

7400M? I don't think it's a physical card... sounds like some kind of integrated motherboard GPU. Who knows what kind of graphics your power supply could handle though... If you can find a spare 6-pin PCI Express power from the power supply then that's good, but if you don't have any PCIe power plugs available then a Radeon HD 7750 would the highest you could go.
It is not on the motherboard. There is a physical card on a PCIe slot