CPU fan error.

Vengeance_K1ng
Go to solution Solved by ★ Coups ★,

Your cooler has a fan connector that needs to be plugged into a specific fan header on your motherboard for RPM to be reported.

It's usually marked 'CPU_FAN' on the motherboard, so you need to locate that and plug the connector in.

Yeah. Its usually at the top of the motherboard.

I was re arranging some cables and I turn my pc on with a x61 kraken and its not detecting rpm anymore ??? Help

| CPU: Core i7-4790K  |  Motherboard:  MSI Gaming Z97 GAMING 5 LGA 1150  |  CPU Cooler:  NZXT Kraken X61 |
| GPU: Single 8GB EVGA GTX 1070 FTW |  RAMCorsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR3 1600 MHz |  CaseCorsair 330R Titanium Edition

Your cooler has a fan connector that needs to be plugged into a specific fan header on your motherboard for RPM to be reported.

It's usually marked 'CPU_FAN' on the motherboard, so you need to locate that and plug the connector in.

Yeah. Its usually at the top of the motherboard.

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X53 | Motherboard -  Asus Gyphon Z97 Armour Edition | RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | Graphics Card - MSI GTX 1070 | Power Supply - Corsair CS750M | Storage - Seagate 1TB HDD | Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Case - Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 | Colour Theme - Generic Red & Black

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Corsair M65 Mouse

Click here to give a damn