( should i upgrade? ) Pentium G3258 VS A8 7600

hello guys i have a question 1 year ago i made my self a pc with an AMD A8 7600 APU.

now i got a GTX 750TI and at some cpu intensive games like Black Desert Online , or Tera , Witcher 3 i seem to get FPS drops.

Although my budget isnt that great i was wondering , should i sell my AMD A8 7600 APU ( to a friend of mine who wants it ) and get a lga 1150 motherboad ( Z97 chip ) with the Intel Pentium G3258 which im gonna overclock at 4Ghz or more? I mean will i benefit at cpu intensive games , cause im getting alot of fps drops from 60fps to 20fps sometimes! and if everything is going according to plan i could upgrade to an i5 or i7 later with the 1150 socket motherboard , So Pentium G3258 ( 4+Ghz ) or keep my A8 7600? Ty for you replies :D

Pentium will be worse in those games as it's a dual-core.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

hello guys i have a question 1 year ago i made my self a pc with an AMD A8 7600 APU.

now i got a GTX 750TI and at some cpu intensive games like Black Desert Online , or Tera , Witcher 3 i seem to get FPS drops.

Although my budget isnt that great i was wondering , should i sell my AMD A8 7600 APU ( to a friend of mine who wants it ) and get a lga 1150 motherboad ( Z97 chip ) with the Intel Pentium G3258 which im gonna overclock at 4Ghz or more? I mean will i benefit at cpu intensive games , cause im getting alot of fps drops from 60fps to 20fps sometimes! and if everything is going according to plan i could upgrade to an i5 or i7 later with the 1150 socket motherboard , So Pentium G3258 ( 4+Ghz ) or keep my A8 7600? Ty for you replies :D

Well, the pentium has a great upgrade path, But you may be better off saving a bit more for an I3 or maybe even an I5. 

IDK if the pentium would be worth the upgrade, but the I3 (especially an unlocked one) would be. 

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

Go for a i5 4460 + H81

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Just keep on saving till you can buy an i5 4460/6400

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

Definitelyl not. W3 can't really do with only 2 cores; in fact, I bet it's the GPU holding you back, not the CPU.

If you want an upgrade, aim for a 4460 + h81. Don't settle with anything less than that; if you can't afford it, keep saving until you can. Buy used if needed.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

So should i get for a little bit more an i3 4170?? With a cheap motherboard ( as it has 4 threads ) and upgrade it later ..?

So should i get for a little bit more an i3 4170?? With a cheap motherboard ( as it has 4 threads ) and upgrade it later ..?

No. If you are only buying an i3, then don't. Stick to your current APU still.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

I currently have the g3258 and im in so much pain when playing MMO like BnS. I regret not splurging for an i5 or i7.

im getting like 20 fps on the near lowest settings, T-T kill me please.

Definitelyl not. W3 can't really do with only 2 cores; in fact, I bet it's the GPU holding you back, not the CPU.

If you want an upgrade, aim for a 4460 + h81. Don't settle with anything less than that; if you can't afford it, keep saving until you can. Buy used if needed.

Yeah at witcher 3 my gpu isnt that strong to keep up . But a Tera and Black Desert Online when i got 60fps it suddenly drops to 20fps ( when i try to move my character for example ) and the cpu and gpu usages arent high . The cpu is at 60% ang gpu ( in tera especially ) doesnt go above 40% . So i was thinking to cope with an i3 for some time and later going to a i5 4460

I currently have the g3258 and im in so much pain when playing MMO like BnS. I regret not splurging for an i5 or i7.

im getting like 20 fps on the near lowest settings, T-T kill me please.

well what gpu do u have?