Hyper 212 stock fan rattles

JakeUnsted1

In the last thew weeks of my 3 month old build, a rather irritating rattle has been taking place inside my computer, which I've narrowed down to the stock coolermaster fan on my hyper 212...

I'm wondering if it's possible to get this fixed, or just worth replacing the fan itself to something like a corsair airforce or a noctua fan... What are your thoughts on this idea? And does anyone has a fix for this fan?

Is it the actual fan or the bracket that holds it onto the heatsink. If it's the fan you should just replace it with a better fan like a noctua if you don't mind the color scheme. If it's the bracket, you can maybe tighten the screws that hold the fan.

Why do you quote yourself?

Yeah as above post says you should replace the fan in that case.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Is it the actual fan or the bracket that holds it onto the heatsink. If it's the fan you should just replace it with a better fan like a noctua if you don't mind the color scheme. If it's the bracket, you can maybe tighten the screws that hold the fan.
Its the fan itself, i tried the fan on its own in a separate build, but it still rattled like mad... Looks like im getting a new fan then! Thanks for the reply!

Maybe the rubber pads that stop vibrations on the mounts have fallen off. If not just get a new fan.

In my opinion a Noctua fan would be over kill for a $25 cooler, just get something cheaper.

If your heatsink is under warranty you can also just ask coolermaster to send you a new fan for free.

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

You might be able to ghetto mount some elastics between the fan and the heatsink

Noctuas are never overkill. If I could, I'd replace the stock intel fan that comes on their heatsinks with a noctua fan.

lol yeah just replace it or use elastic bands

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

Maybe the rubber pads that stop vibrations on the mounts have fallen off. If not just get a new fan.

In my opinion a Noctua fan would be over kill for a $25 cooler, just get something cheaper.

If your heatsink is under warranty you can also just ask coolermaster to send you a new fan for free.

I am certain that the rattling is coming from the fan motor as it still rattles even when off the heatsink, thanks for the reply :)

yeah I got Two noctuas to replace my Stock hyper 212 fan, never looked back

Is it the evo or the plus? The old blademaster on the plus is pretty good and might be worth giving a little oil.

I've got some Enermax TB Silence fans in my system that are completely inaudible at 5V and have decent static pressure. They can be found pretty cheap.

I installed the new fan, and it works a dream. But is their a way to stop the turbulence/wind noise inside the pc?

Is it the way i have the case fan installed a thew inches away from heatsink fan...?

Thanks again!

• 1 year later...

I installed the new fan, and it works a dream. But is their a way to stop the turbulence/wind noise inside the pc? Is it the way i have the case fan installed a thew inches away from heatsink fan...? Thanks again!

I'm having the same problem with a rattling cooler master fan, what fan did you end buying and replacing the cooler master one with?