Window 10 Start Menu/Task Bar Problem.

desertcomputer

Out of no where my start button wont work, i have observed when i click on window start button the task Runtimebroker, searchui starts and than straight away crashes and with "wetfault.exe". I have tired many method such as replacing folder in named "database". Anyone got any new methods for fixing the problem as i have even restore back from my last version which my start bar works but still no use. I don't really want to do clean install as i have already done it twice in past week and install all the program and configuring it taking too much time. 

edit: I have found out all the window 10 modern UI application even settings crash after opening. 

Thanks

Magical Pineapples

Do you have any other user accounts to test if the issue is user specific? If not, you should make a new user and check for that.

Do you have any other user accounts to test if the issue is user specific? If not, you should make a new user and check for that.

Same problem if use another account/user. 

Magical Pineapples

May because the Windows Search service is not running. Windows Search service is a system service and runs automatically on the system startup.

Check whether the service is running or not. If it is not running, you have to start it manually. To do that, press “Win + R,” type services.msc and press the Enter button to open the Services window.

Once the services window has been opened, find the “Windows Search” service and see if it is running. If the service is running, you will find the “Running” status in the Status column.

If the service is not running, right-click on it and then select the “Properties” option.