Ram Heatspreader

Tmt97

Has anyone ever bought a heat spreader for their ram? I'm looking into buying one for mine as it was salvaged from an older pc, and came with none. Nothing is wrong with the ram as far as I can tell... It works great for me, and it was free which is kinda hard to beat. Unfortunately no matter how well it works, it looks fugly compared to the rest of my system... Plus I'm sure adding a heatspreader cant make temperatures any worse, right? These are the two I'm currently looking into as I havnt found any others. Can anyone vouch for the quality of  these? Is there any incompatibility issues I need to be concerned with?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835119015&cm_re=evercool_heatsink-_-35-119-015-_-Product

http://mnpctech.com/ddr-coolers/aluminum-ddr-heatsink-heat-spreader-cooler-copper-colored.html

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

I would get this and not watercool it https://shop.ekwb.com/ek-ram-monarch-module-black-2pcs

Yeah I agree water cooled RAM is kinda sorta retarded unless you're gonna overclock the shit out of it and go up to like 4 GHz. Besides, the EK stuff looks sooo sexyy.

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

I would get this and not watercool it https://shop.ekwb.com/ek-ram-monarch-module-black-2pcs

That looks pretty cool, and provides some future proofing in the event that I one day make a custom loop and for some reason want to watercool the ram. However I'm struggling to understand how this works/is going to look. I can only find one pic of it in action, which shows just one dimm, with the watercooling tubes coming out the top. However most watercooling ram setups ive seen have the watercooling part just one big plate that spreads across the top. The way its shown with one dimm looks like each dim has its own IO? Plus is the waterblock at the top in any way removeable so I dont have gaping holes in it if I choose not to watercool with it? I'm very confused as to how this works, lol.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

That looks pretty cool, and provides some future proofing in the event that I one day make a custom loop and for some reason want to watercool the ram. However I'm struggling to understand how this works/is going to look. I can only find one pic of it in action, which shows just one dimm, with the watercooling tubes coming out the top. However most watercooling ram setups ive seen have the watercooling part just one big plate that spreads across the top. The way its shown with one dimm looks like each dim has its own IO? Plus is the waterblock at the top in any way removeable so I dont have gaping holes in it if I choose not to watercool with it? I'm very confused as to how this works, lol.

I would contact EK about that

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I would contact EK about that

The other problem is the cost. Honestly, I was leaning away from even the mnpctech one because I dont want the heatspreader to cost more than buying brand new ram.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

The other problem is the cost. Honestly, I was leaning away from even the mnpctech one because I dont want the heatspreader to cost more than buying brand new ram.

Honestly dont bother with a heatsink

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Honestly dont bother with a heatsink

Gee, thanks. -_- Next time you look for help, Ill remember to respond with "meh, don't bother."

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!