PS4 rivalling Mini-ITX build - Is it worth it?

ScottR

I do enjoy my RM750, as well. Most Corsair PSU's that are less expensive are not very trustworthy. I think that all of them are CX.

my only problem was getting the connector cause corsairs ordering is fucked

i did get it done 2 days ago finally though

Is their UK site not including the import tax?  Mybad - I assumed it was the final price.

It doesn't, no. You'd be best ordering elsewhere

OK Thanks

Do NOT get the Elite 110.

First of all, while that card will technically fit in the 110 on paper, there's 2mm of clearance. That's an incredibly tight fit.

Second of all, you won't be able to upgrade your GPU very far in the future.

Third of all, my brother built his personal mini-ITX rig in one initially, and it was terrible. Just a few notes on that...

-He called it "RAT", because the severe lack of cable management options made it a rat's nest. That's bad for thermals, aesthetics, and serviceability.

-He had to get low-profile RAM.

-The noise from the only HDD mounting options inspired him to make it an all-SSD system.

-The drive mounts are directly between the GPU and its respective intake vent. His card was cooking.

-He had to saw off a lip over the expansion-slot IO to use his GPU's top Displayport.

-The build quality is terrible. He could never get the outer cover to fit right.

-He had to remove the PSU before doing any work involving anything on the motherboard.

-Lastly, I seem to recall him needing to use an H55 because the PSU was too low for the stock cooler, but I might be wrong about that.

It's a terrible case, do not get it. That goes orders of magnitude more if you're a first-time builder.

My brother's other mini-ITX system (He's the only one around here that does mITX), a home-theater gaming PC that sits right next to an Xbox 360 and PS3, is built in an Elite 130. He loves that one.

EDIT: In addition, don't expect to do 4K too well with a 380. The above mentioned home-theater PC has a 780ti, a comparable GPU, and it doesn't do 4K that well. 4K is way more taxing than one might think.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.