logitech g910 Gkeys

stonedsmurf

hey

a couple of weeks ago i have bought my self the logitech g910 keyboard and so far i like it very much, but their is one downside for me.

i bought the keyboard for the extra programmable macro keys on the side and on the top.

the main reason i wanted them is for for world of warcraft and i want to bind spells on it which i do not use very often.

but i cannot program them in any game. when i installed the software for the keyboard it searched for installed games to download the games profile ( for quick macro setup etc )

i have tried rebinding them to other keys ( IE G1 to numpad 5 and make ingame ( WoW ) numpad 5 a hotkey ) but that does not work in WoW or in windows ( in .txt files or word )

i have tried using the quick macros from the WoW profile ( IE: cast hotbar slot 1, auto run ) they do not work either.

i also tested it with GTA V and tera, also both without any luck on getting them to work

i also tried it with the MR ( macro record ) key

* MR

*G1

*NUMpad 5 

*MR

this does also not work in WoW or in a text file.

i have also tried it with locking the WoW gaming profile in the logitech gaming software, this does also not work for me

but i can use them in windows to launch programs ( google chrome, spotify, battle.net and steam etc )

so the keys are not broken. 

i have made a ticket on the logitech support site, they cannot help me because i have tried everything they told me to do.

i also called logitech holland support, i had a 35 min phonecall with one of their operators and he came to the conclusion the Gkeys are broken ( which they are not because i can progam them to launch programs which i mention before )

i am running the latest logitech gaming software which is version 8.76

so can anyone please help me or should i just return the keyboard to the store and ask for a new g910 ?

TL;DR 

cannot program the Gkeys in games but can program them to launch programs in windows.

greets stonedsmurf =)