Christmas Computer Build

Hi! First off, I'm new to the forum and the whole community and want to get into it a lot more. I began watching Linus tech tips within the past month or so and have been fascinated with the technology and how its presented. I'm trying to build a computer that can handle some work, and gaming. I want to be able to game pretty well since that will be the way its mostly used. I want to at least game some of the newer titles like GTA 5 and Fallout 4 at pretty high graphics, but I understand that with my budget, compromises are to be made.

Here are my current plans (excluding case and other things):

- An Intel i5 Processor

- An EVGA GTX 970 GPU

- Corsair power supply, I know its bronze and is a 500watt

- 8gb of corsair ram

That'll be the base system. I currently have about $650 saved up, but will have $850 next week and that's what I'd like to put into it. Is there anything that I'd necessarily need to change to make it better, to fit the power I'm putting to it? More power is better if able, but I'd like to give the best bang for my buck.

If this doesn't go here, the admins can change or move it.

Thanks!

Which i5 CPU?

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

i guess the psu you are talking about is a CX/VS/CSM. avoid them for gaming, they are not meant for gaming

also the 390 is better than the 970 for the price

and finally get this xeon that is an i7 like gpu instaed of an i5

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($242.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H-A Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($50.88 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($81.49 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 390 8GB PCS+ Video Card  ($293.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Deepcool TESSERACT SW ATX Mid Tower Case  ($42.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($43.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $841.28
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-25 12:19 EST-0500

The site has changed....