Optical drive not detecting disks.

Qazplm601

Hello. I have a https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Optical-Drives-Storage/SDRW08D2SU_LITE/overview/ , and it has stopped working. i was wondering if anyone could help me.

the drive itself is still detected, but it always behaves as if there isn't a disk in it.(I have tried with multiple disks and computers)

The issue began when the drive was accidentally unplugged as it was burning a file to a disk.

Thank you, and please ask if you need any more info. :)

Optical drives don't detect disks, they detect discs. Instead of shoving hard drives and floppies in to your optical drive, try inserting DVDs. :)

"Daddy's going on a dangerous mission to shoot his employees." -Linus Sebastian 2014 (src)

"I believe in French Fries. I believe in America. I believe in the Union." -Luke Lafreniere 2015 (src)

"I have pockets in all my shorts." -Luke Lafreniere 2015 (src)

Seriously though, have you tried ejecting from Explorer?

"Daddy's going on a dangerous mission to shoot his employees." -Linus Sebastian 2014 (src)

"I believe in French Fries. I believe in America. I believe in the Union." -Luke Lafreniere 2015 (src)

"I have pockets in all my shorts." -Luke Lafreniere 2015 (src)

Seriously though, have you tried ejecting from Explorer?

Just tried that, right clicked on the icon, pressed "Eject", Drive popped open, closed it back up, still did not detect the disc that was in the drive.

(thanks for the idea though :) )