2nd BSOD but not the same

don_svetlio

I use around 50% of RAM most of the time. 8GB is perfect for me

EDIT: I've been running for about 5-8 hours now. From what I've read, assuming a faulty memory stick was present I should be getting crap performance and at least one crash. Nothing of the sorts so far. Browser speed is what you can expect from a 5400 RPM 2.5' drive and gaming is fine.

Well then let's hope it was just a crap install of windows and that it has been fixed. Enjoy!

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Well then let's hope it was just a crap install of windows and that it has been fixed. Enjoy!

Could be that my Chipset driver got fucked up. Did some reading up and if the HDD is fine and the cables (no idea if those can disconnect on a Y50) are fine then the chipset/HDD driver can cause it and since the WD driver wasn't detecting my drive I was relying on intel RST (not the one in lenovo's site but intel's) and yeah.... I also had tweaked settings a bit in there. As for the 2nd, supposedly it was caused by the same thing that caused the 2nd (as both are file system). Fun times I guess xD. This time I made sure to properly install the chipset driver from lenovo and NOT install Intel RST.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Boot-up now is notably slower than before though. Maybe cache isn't being used?

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Boot-up now is notably slower than before though. Maybe cache isn't being used?

The SSHD decides what's in its cache. If your windows files are being used a lot less than certain other things, they might be expelled from the cache.

Who knows, maybe lenovo restarted the machine so many times windows files were forced in it?

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday