What's wrong

cakez

what's wrong with this?

h1 {
    font-family: Times, serif, Verdana, sans-serif, cursive;

There's a lot wrong with it:

You want the same font to be both serif and sans-serif, which is a contradiction, and you are specifying two different fonts at the same time (Times and Verdana).

There's a lot wrong with it:

You want the same font to be both serif and sans-serif, which is a contradiction, and you are specifying two different fonts at the same time (Times and Verdana).

You don't have to jump straight to a default value like cursive or sans-serif: you can tell CSS to try several, going from one to the next if the one you want isn't available.

For example, if you write:

p {

font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif;

}

CSS will first try to apply Tahoma to your paragraphs. If the user's computer doesn't have that font, it will try Verdana next, and if that doesn't work, it will show a default sans-serif font.

You don't have to jump straight to a default value like cursive or sans-serif: you can tell CSS to try several, going from one to the next if the one you want isn't available.

For example, if you write:

p {

font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif;

}

CSS will first try to apply Tahoma to your paragraphs. If the user's computer doesn't have that font, it will try Verdana next, and if that doesn't work, it will show a default sans-serif font.

Ah, okay, learned something new today, thanks! 

Which is kind of the opposite of what we're trying to accomplish, which is that you solve your problem.

Ah, okay, learned something new today, thanks! 

Which is kind of the opposite of what we're trying to accomplish, which is that you solve your problem.

no actually,that was those were the instructions to the curse.and I followed thhat but it said it was wrong so yeah

Is it part of the assignment that the fallback font is of a different generic-family? (e.g. serif, sans-serif)
I'm looking for examples of it on the internet myself, and I never see that being done. 

Is it part of the assignment that the fallback font is of a different generic-family? (e.g. serif, sans-serif)

I'm looking for examples of it on the internet myself, and I never see that being done. 

http://prntscr.com/9gevxd

Then I have no idea, and I really have to start working on a MIPS assembly program for a deadline this evening.

I hope you find your answer, please let me know if you do.

Then I have no idea, and I really have to start working on a MIPS assembly program for a deadline this evening.

I hope you find your answer, please let me know if you do.

yeah found it