Windows key not working

BelgiumCastGijs

Hey everyone!

I just installed windows 10 and it worked fine, but after about 5 hours, the windows key stopped working (no, not the one on my keyboard ;-) ), If i press it on my keyboard or on the screen itself it just turns greyish and doesn't do anything. I can use the search bar if I click it and search something, but when I try to open the program or folder i searched for, It just ignores my click, or enter.

Everything else on my system works fine...

Does anyone know a solution to th e problem?

Thanks in advance!

-Gijs

PS: I already ran MalwareBytes and Windows defender... just in case ;-)

I assume you are talking about your Start Button.  Have you installed some sort of program to give you a classic start button, like Classic Start or Start 10?  And will be Mr Obvious here and ask if you have tried restarting your computer?

I assume you are talking about your Start Button.  Have you installed some sort of program to give you a classic start button, like Classic Start or Start 10?  And will be Mr Obvious here and ask if you have tried restarting your computer?

Yes I meant the start button (native language herp derp) I haven't installed anything that modifies windows in that way and yes I tried to restart my pc. Also, all the drivers are up to date ;-)

Yes I meant the start button (native language herp derp) I haven't installed anything that modifies windows in that way and yes I tried to restart my pc. Also, all the drivers are up to date ;-)

I just made a new account, and everything worked fine on there... guess I'll have to transfer my files