Undoing RAID 1

I have two hard drives and I wanted to set them up in RAID 1, so in case I wanted to undo that I was wondering if there was a way to undo it (RAID 1) with out losing the files on one of the drives and be able to use the other one just as another drive. Thank you.

I have two hard drives and I wanted to set them up in RAID 1, so in case I wanted to undo that I was wondering if there was a way to undo it (RAID 1) with out losing the files on one of the drives and be able to use the other one just as another drive. Thank you.

RAID 1 is mirroring. If either drive *dies*, you won't lose any files. So removing either drive will not make you lose anything.

You should be able to just turn RAID 1 off and the system will start seeing the mirrored drive as on it's own. With a second copy of all the files on the drive that was being mirrored. Then just format -> use.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

as Vitalius said, there is the same data on both drives, just unRAID them and you are done :D, besides reformating the second drive of course