MSI Krait Z97 SLI Internal USB Headers

Hey everyone!

My friend just gave me a Christmas present early, and it was the NZXT Hue+. As of now on my MOBO I have the Grid+ and my WIFI card hooked up to the two internal USB 2 headers. The MOBO specifications in the manual says that there are "6 USB 2.0 ports (2 on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal connectors)", and also says "2x USB 2.0 connectors (supports an additional 4 USB 2.0 ports). I can't seem to find any extra headers on the MOBO anywhere, and probably am to assume there aren't any, unless I am just blind? Would this mean I could/would have to use a USB 2.0 header splitter? And if so, any suggestions on what to get?

Thanks!

Hey everyone!

My friend just gave me a Christmas present early, and it was the NZXT Hue+. As of now on my MOBO I have the Grid+ and my WIFI card hooked up to the two internal USB 2 headers. The MOBO specifications in the manual says that there are "6 USB 2.0 ports (2 on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal connectors)", and also says "2x USB 2.0 connectors (supports an additional 4 USB 2.0 ports). I can't seem to find any extra headers on the MOBO anywhere, and probably am to assume there aren't any, unless I am just blind? Would this mean I could/would have to use a USB 2.0 header splitter? And if so, any suggestions on what to get?

Thanks!

one internal USB header converts to 2 tybe A Usb connectors, so you only get 2 internal connectors. You could use something like this to expand your internal usb headers.

EDIT: or this, pricier though

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

one internal USB header converts to 2 tybe A Usb connectors, so you only get 2 internal connectors. You could use something like this to expand your internal usb headers.

EDIT: or this, pricier though

The Rosewill is something I could do. It just goes into the regular PCI slot right? not a PCIe 2.0 or 3.0?

The Rosewill is something I could do. It just goes into the regular PCI slot right? not a PCIe 2.0 or 3.0?

regular PCI, maybe do some research on the compatibility with Win7 and over, because that chipset is older than Jesus. It claims that It is plug and play, but check the compatibility, just to be sure

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

regular PCI, maybe do some research on the compatibility with Win7 and over, because that chipset is older than Jesus. It claims that It is plug and play, but check the compatibility, just to be sure

Looks like from one of the reviews on Newegg, it requires a manual install for drivers, but the reviewer laid out the process. I'm gonna give it a shot. Thank you for the help!