Which camera is better?

Maximoose

My dad has this Canon PowerShot SD870 IS Digital Elph with a 8.0 megapixel sensor and a 4.6-17.3mm lens he bought in 2009 and my mom has an iPhone 5C with an f1.4 (I think) aperture and an 8 megapixel sensor. Which camera do you think is better? I mean end result, like after modifications made to the photo automatically after they are taken

Got an Android, never going back to apple again (notice I spelled apple with a lowercase and Android with an uppercase)

Take a photo of the same subject using both cameras, try to keep the composition the same and check the quality at 100% pixel peeping on a computer.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

My dad has this Canon PowerShot SD870 IS Digital Elph with a 8.0 megapixel sensor and a 4.6-17.3mm lens he bought in 2009 and my mom has an iPhone 5C with an f1.4 (I think) aperture and an 8 megapixel sensor. Which camera do you think is better? I mean end result, like after modifications made to the photo automatically after they are taken

apple 5c is F2.4, and it has a smaller sensor than the canon so it should be worse quality

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

apple 5c is F2.4, and it has a smaller sensor than the canon so it should be worse quality

Yeah but then there is also the factor of the image processor inside the camera.  The powershot is from 2007, the 5c is only a couple of years old.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer