Problem w/ GeForce GTX 970

cubies1982

Hey,

So I've had a EVGA GeForce GTX 970 since May of this year and it's been working perfectly fine playing hours of Final Fantasy 14. But for the past month it's been giving me a lot of problems. The first problem was Windows 7 trying to eject the GPU as a removable device.

Now I tried switching out to different graphic cards and when I went back to the original card Windows loaded with a really low resolution and when I checked Device Manager I got a new error message now.

I'm currently using on-board graphics using a HDMI cable until I find a solution.

post-186818-0-24141800-1449058483.jpg

you seem to have went past the 3.5 GB thresh hold 

LOL. Yeah, that's exactly what happens when you hit 3.5 Gig VRAM useage*. Your PC ejects your GPU across the room in disgust.

* This of course has categorically nothing to do with VRAM usage. I couldn't  figure out if the above quote was a troll or not.

erm I've had over 4gb usage with my 970gtx and never had such issues. You tried swapping the driver out?

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Maybe the PCI Express slot is causing it, have you tried a different one?

CPU: 6600K @ 4.6Ghz | COOLER: H100i GTX | MOBO: Asus Z170 AR | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB | 

CASE: Corsair 760T | PSU: Corsair RM750x | STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & Seagate 2TB | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB | MOUSE: Deathadder Elite

http://windows-exe-errors.com/how-to-fix-error-code-43-in-windows-7/

Most of this points towards a driver conflict of some sort, probably the easiest part to troubleshoot at least. You mentioned switching out GPU - have you done a clean install of the driver each time? And if you've changed from one to the other, have you definitely removed any/all drivers that are no longer needed?