windows reinstall

ibehymer

i have an compaq presario CQ62 laptop. i am wondering how i would reinstall windows without having to buy windows again. 

Intel Core i5-4690k EVGA GTX 980 Ti Gigabyte Z97-UD3H(blackedition) Corsair 850RMx 16GB Kingston FURY hyperX 240gb sandisk ssd 250gb samsung evo ssd H440 black and blue corsair k95 RGB Logitech g502

Many prebuilt systems have a built in recovery partition, especially Tier 1 manufacturers like HP, HP Compaq, Dell and Asus. See if you can mash F12, Del, or another key to get into the temporary boot devices menu, then boot to the recovery partition. If you installed another drive and don't have the old drive, then the manufacturer will not cover the computer, and you must buy Windows yourself.

"Not breaking it or making it worse is key."

"Bad choices make good stories."

Many prebuilt systems have a built in recovery partition, especially Tier 1 manufacturers like HP, HP Compaq, Dell and Asus. See if you can mash F12, Del, or another key to get into the temporary boot devices menu, then boot to the recovery partition. If you installed another drive and don't have the old drive, then the manufacturer will not cover the computer, and you must buy Windows yourself.

it still has the original HDD. i would just like to erase everything on it so it will be faster. 

Intel Core i5-4690k EVGA GTX 980 Ti Gigabyte Z97-UD3H(blackedition) Corsair 850RMx 16GB Kingston FURY hyperX 240gb sandisk ssd 250gb samsung evo ssd H440 black and blue corsair k95 RGB Logitech g502

it still has the original HDD. i would just like to erase everything on it so it will be faster. 

Have you ever run a disk defragmentation?

If you want more balls to more walls, then you're going to need an SSD. Use a disk cloning utility to clone your existing hard drive to a new SSD (You can really trust any Intel SSD; the 535 is a good place to start), then open up your laptop and replace the drive. 

If you want more balls to more walls, then you're going to need an SSD. Use a disk cloning utility to clone your existing hard drive to a new SSD (You can really trust any Intel SSD; the 535 is a good place to start), then open up your laptop and replace the drive. 

i dont think this laptop is worthy of an SSD. for the price of two SSDs i could buy this laptop brand new

Hi, I have sort of the same problem. I just bought a new ssd and am trying to make it my boot drive. I will be doing a fresh install of Windows on it. I have downloaded Windows 10 for a flash drive and installed it on the usb. I then boot the computer off the flash drive and the Windows install is unsuccessful. The error code it gives is: 0xc0000185. I think the problem is caused by having too many drives installed. Should I unplug all the drives except my new ssd and retry? Any help is appreciated.

Hi, I have sort of the same problem. I just bought a new ssd and am trying to make it my boot drive. I will be doing a fresh install of Windows on it. I have downloaded Windows 10 for a flash drive and installed it on the usb. I then boot the computer off the flash drive and the Windows install is unsuccessful. The error code it gives is: 0xc0000185. I think the problem is caused by having too many drives installed. Should I unplug all the drives except my new ssd and retry? Any help is appreciated.

i am pretty sure that is how it would work. i will be doing that soon as well with my pc. you might need to go into the BIOS and switch the boot settings. i really wouldnt know. ive never tried it before