stupid question but I need help...

IridiumAxle

This is a stupid question.... I just bought a new pc with windows 10 and so I had it on while I went somewhere, I come back, sign in, and then I am stuck in the metro ui and I can't get out and I have no idea what the crap is going on.  Please... help me.... If I figure it out I will update this thread but any help would be much apreciated. I just want this steaming pile of crap to burn in a fire so I can have my desktop back.

Exit tablet mode. Tablet mode is the metro UI. Windows+D.

"Not breaking it or making it worse is key."

"Bad choices make good stories."

did you try turning it on and off (ಠ ͜ʖಠ)

Don't troll people who need help. It's against the terms and conditions you agreed to by using the community forum.

Don't troll people who need help. It's against the terms and conditions you agreed to by using the community forum.

That is actually a good suggestion. It might boot into desktop mode.

Isn't there a 'desktop' tile? Should have the same picture as your desktop background

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

im not trolling im just asking

That is actually a good suggestion. It might boot into desktop mode.

Isn't there a 'desktop' tile? Should have the same picture as your desktop background

You should be able to get into the desktop UI by using Windows+D. Windows doesn't actually shut down anymore, unless you remove all power sources. That's what has enable faster boot up times in 8.1 and 10, because the PC actually hibernates, rather than shuts down.

look for the Windows key which looks like a Window with 4 squares on your keyboard

press it once and to see if it throws you back to desktop

if not press the same key with D

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Exit tablet mode. Tablet mode is the metro UI. Windows+D.

tried that repededly and yet no luck. In the past few minutes I have gotten pissed beyond belief as there is no reason for this to happen. Please continue to send suggestions.

tried that repededly and yet no luck. In the past few minutes I have gotten pissed beyond belief as there is no reason for this to happen. Please continue to send suggestions.

did you set a password?

have you just tried Windows Key alone?

how about Control Alt Del key?

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

This is a stupid question.... I just bought a new pc with windows 10 and so I had it on while I went somewhere, I come back, sign in, and then I am stuck in the metro ui and I can't get out and I have no idea what the crap is going on.  Please... help me.... If I figure it out I will update this thread but any help would be much apreciated. I just want this steaming pile of crap to burn in a fire so I can have my desktop back.

am i right to say you are stuck in tablet mode, and cant find the desktop? i think we are in the same boat. i enabled tablet mode and launched metro ui, now im trying to figure out how to restore desktop mode myself. lol!

did you set a password?

windows key will bring metro ui up on first press, and go back to what you were last doing on subsequent press. hold on bro, im trying to figure this out myself, lol.

did you set a password?

yes, yes, and yes.

ok. try this:

http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/enable-tablet-mode-windows-10

TLDR: in metro view, just type settings, select system, select the tablet mode link, and put the slider to off under "make windows more touch friendly when using your device as a tablet.

due to extreme anger, and since my computer had practically nothing on it, I restored to factory settings xD I know it seems extreme but i was done and it worked so at least now I don't have to deal with it.