NZXT Phantom Series

Pipit213

Opinions on this series. Are they good and worth the price tag??

the original phanto is awesome. the newer like the 630 have some issues with build quality. so they are okay

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

the original phanto is awesome. the newer like the 630 have some issues with build quality. so they are okay

Does it actually? I thought it was just a side panel change. I don't follow NZXT cases closely as I can't stand there looks but yes they're good cases.

I recently looked at the phantom series when looking to upgrade my case, they have excellent build quality but I ended up buying the switch 810 rather than the phantom 820/30 or whatever it is. I would wait until they release their new case which is looking like it will be a new switch

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

I have the original white one. It's nice and big. You may regret getting such a big case if you don't utilize the space though. After all, there's little need for a case larger than micro atx or even mini itx nowadays.

As for the price tag, they're not that expensive for full towers.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I have the original white one. It's nice and big. You may regret getting such a big case if you don't utilize the space though. After all, there's little need for a case larger than micro atx or even mini itx nowadays.

As for the price tag, they're not that expensive for full towers.

This pretty much. I own the Original Crafted Series Phantom because I loved it's aesthetics and features. I will be using it's full size in the future. It is well worth the $120 US that I paid for it. 

The built in fan controller is awesome (supports 7 fans IIRC). 

If you want to do heavy water cooling (480mm rad or equivalent of, such as 2x240mm), you will have to mod it. It natively supports a 360mm in the roof IIRC or it is very easy to mod it to make that work. Either or. 

But yeah, the newer ones basically have more and newer features, but I prefer the old one because of it's particular aesthetics over the newer ones. But that is just me. Completely worth it imo.

Do note that the NZXT cases have special 200mm fan mounts. The true dimensions are 192mm, so only NZXT "200mm" fans will work with a NZXT case unless you mod it. Conversely, a NZXT "200mm" fan will not work with any other case that is not NZXT unless, again, you mod it.

Never understood exactly why they did that, but whatever.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.