Buying tips for GPU?

hug0mac

Hi!

I have heard that EVGA cards have a lot coil sound thing. Is that like all 900 series cards? (yes nvidia)

Also the best 960? Heard that 960TI will come "soon" ? I been looking on the 960 and I am kinda new to graphics card in general.

There are 2GB and 4GB, but I will use a 1080p monitor so 2GB is enough? or planning for future (maybe higher res monitor/more demanding textures in games?) and go with 4GB? for 1440p? 

Give me some tips please :) Thanks

┏(◑̃.◑̃)┛ Totally Not Dangerous ┏(◐̃.◐̃)┛

i7 4790K / 16GB RAM \ 250GB SSD

I don't know about coil whine, but I don't know if there will be a 960 Ti, as there was no 760 Ti, maybe you meant 950 Ti? 4 GB will certainly be better for some games but as far as resolutions go, the card won't be able to push many games at 2k/4k at high settings anyway. Unless you are set on nvidea then I would recommend the 380 4 GB as it will easily outperform the 960.

Main PC: i5 4590 @ 3.5 GHz ♦ RX 480 Armor OC ♦ 16 GB DDR3 ♦ GA-Z97-HD3 ♦ 120 GB 840 EVO ♦ 120 GB Intel 520 ♦ W10 Home

Scrapyard PC: Xeon X5460 @ 3.8 GHz ♦ HD 7870 ♦ 8 GB DDR2 ♦ GA-P35-DS3L ♦ 80 GB Intel 320 ♦ 160 GB WD Caviar SE ♦ W10 Home

I don't know about coil whine, but I don't know if there will be a 960 Ti, as there was no 760 Ti, maybe you meant 950 Ti? 4 GB will certainly be better for some games but as far as resolutions go, the card won't be able to push many games at 2k/4k at high settings anyway. Unless you are set on nvidea then I would recommend the 380 4 GB as it will easily outperform the 960.

There have been rumors about a 960Ti just as there were rumors of a 980Ti. 

Hi!

I have heard that EVGA cards have a lot coil sound thing. Is that like all 900 series cards? (yes nvidia)

Also the best 960? Heard that 960TI will come "soon" ? I been looking on the 960 and I am kinda new to graphics card in general.

There are 2GB and 4GB, but I will use a 1080p monitor so 2GB is enough? or planning for future (maybe higher res monitor/more demanding textures in games?) and go with 4GB? for 1440p? 

Give me some tips please :) Thanks

All graphics cards have a chance of having coil whine.

AMD or Nvidia, EVGA or Asus all graphics card can have coil whine you are unlucky.

I would pick up the 4GB verison since tests have shown some stuttering on 2GB cards.

But you really should consider getting an r9 380 or an R9 380x if you have the cash for that.

If you're going after the $200 range and you care more about fps than voltage, then take a look at the R9 380, or even the R9 380X for a little more. 

A 960ti is in the works, a 950ti will never exist and the 380(x) will crush them regardless.

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

All graphics cards have a chance of having coil whine.

AMD or Nvidia, EVGA or Asus all graphics card can have coil whine you are unlucky.

I would pick up the 4GB verison since tests have shown some stuttering on 2GB cards.

But you really should consider getting an r9 380 or an R9 380x if you have the cash for that.

Hey. We both have 1590 posts.

There have been rumors about a 960Ti just as there were rumors of a 980Ti. 

A 960ti is in the works, a 950ti will never exist and the 380(x) will crush them regardless.

Ok, quite possible, I wasn't calling him wrong, just wasn't sure. It's interesting to me that nvidea would make a 960 Ti, when they have the 970 to step up to if you need more performance. Guess its kind of like the 280x to 290 though. 750 Ti makes sense because it is still well below the price of a 760.

Main PC: i5 4590 @ 3.5 GHz ♦ RX 480 Armor OC ♦ 16 GB DDR3 ♦ GA-Z97-HD3 ♦ 120 GB 840 EVO ♦ 120 GB Intel 520 ♦ W10 Home

Scrapyard PC: Xeon X5460 @ 3.8 GHz ♦ HD 7870 ♦ 8 GB DDR2 ♦ GA-P35-DS3L ♦ 80 GB Intel 320 ♦ 160 GB WD Caviar SE ♦ W10 Home

Thanks for the answers.

Ah okay! So 4GB for the 960 is better for "price" and the sounds can happen in all. But I heard that some manufactures are more likely to get it. Have anyone had any bad cards with ASUS 960 STRIX 4GB? As that is the card I think I will go for :) And yep I stick to nvidia. Not sure why, could go with AMD as well. Just heard that nvidia is a bit more of light workstation use and that AMD is almost only for gaming   

Don't blame me, I don't know.

960 4gb for 200 bucks is a good "bang for the buck" card right? :)

┏(◑̃.◑̃)┛ Totally Not Dangerous ┏(◐̃.◐̃)┛

i7 4790K / 16GB RAM \ 250GB SSD

A GTX960 is a good choice and so is the R9 380 of course both cards in their 4GB iterations. But if you plan on 1440p with either one of those... well will not work out really good, because neither one of them packs enough raw computing power of its chip.

As long as you stay in 1080p though it will be fine.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Thanks for the answers.

Ah okay! So 4GB for the 960 is better for "price" and the sounds can happen in all. But I heard that some manufactures are more likely to get it. Have anyone had any bad cards with ASUS 960 STRIX 4GB? As that is the card I think I will go for :) And yep I stick to nvidia. Not sure why, could go with AMD as well. Just heard that nvidia is a bit more of light workstation use and that AMD is almost only for gaming   

Don't blame me, I don't know.

960 4gb for 200 bucks is a good "bang for the buck" card right? :)

IF you cant get the MSI or Sapphire 380, then the Strix will be fine.

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace